Day 4

The day started better for Alex than it did yesterday. Though his mysterious chest cuts throbbed from the position he sat in, it was still easier to wake up.
Skye had offered him her bed for the night, but he upright refused to take her space after she had been so kind to him. And they both knew he wouldn't fit in the bed, so it probably was more comfortable in the passenger seat anyway.

"We still have pastries left from yesterday", said Skye as she brought out the box of croissants.

Alex thought it was best to finish the one off from yesterday that he'd left in the box and then had another one filled with chocolate. It was the best thing he'd ever tasted.

"I would say it's nice you have your appetite back, but you don't really have one anyway", she joked and made Alex roll his eyes.

If he could, he would argue that having just shoved a whole croissant into his mouth was proof that he had an appetite. But, well, his mouth was full...

"Did you want to go out today, or did you want to watch the rescuers from Australia again?"

Alex paused for a second and then burst out laughing at the name she had used.

"It's the rescuers down under!" He corrected.

He knew she had said it wrong on purpose but it had caught him off guard so it made it even funnier.

"It does take place in Australia I suppose", he chuckled.

"Yea, doesn't sound as good as down under though, does it?" She smiled.

"Eh", Alex shrugged, "I'm gonna call it the wrong name from now on".

Skye smiled at him and shook her head. They finished their breakfasts in relative silence, enjoying the last of the pastries before discussing the plan for the day.

"So, go out or stay in?"

"I'd like to go out, if you want to that is", said Alex. "Might be nice to do something".

Skye nodded and racked her brain for ideas of fun things to do. She wanted something really good for Alex to take his mind off things but they also didn't have a lot of money. And it was risky to keep hacking into accounts, especially Tony Stark's. And then she had an idea.

"I know what we can do".

She waited for Alex turned to her with a curious face before replying.

"We could go to that giant museum? It's got all those interactive exhibits recently added. It would take us like twenty minutes to walk there".

Alex nodded enthusiastically. He loved things like that, whether it be museums, libraries, art galleries, he would go to any of them.

"Yea that sounds really good".

And so they finished eating before getting ready to go out. Alex's cuts burned slightly as he moved and couldn't help the wince when he bent down to get his shoe.

"Here, let me see", said Skye as she practically forced him to sit on the bed.

She unwrapped the first bandage and inspected the inflamed skin with concerned eyes. Her fingers touched the skin so light it just brushed the surface.

"I still don't understand how this happened", she whispered.

And Alex felt an uneasy feeling in his gut. He had no idea either but he just wanted to be done with it. He didn't want to talk about it and he didn't want to say he had a dream with an ominous looking man, that would make him sound crazy.

"I hope it doesn't get infected", he said, trying to alter the conversation slightly.

Skye made a noise and held up a finger before looking through boxes, random things clattering everywhere as she dug through them. Her hand was deep into the third box when she gasped and brought out a small tube of cream.