084 - pt1

The giant plane flew through the air, high above the ground and completely silent. Nothing looked amiss as HQ spoke to them over the radio.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. 616, you have course confirmation. You are cleared direct to the slingshot. Agent Coulson, everything alright up there?" They repeated after getting no answer. "We heard you had a little dust up on the ground".

"Yea, we're all good", he finally answered. "It's gonna be blue skies from here on out".

The plane continued flying for a few more moments, everything seeming perfectly fine. And then a loud explosion sounded from inside the plane. A huge hole appeared on the side of the plane and things flew out.

A person had been sucked out the hole and screamed as he fell. The planes system were going haywire with the difference in pressure and warning signs blared.

The sound of the wind was so loud only the screaming of Coulson could be heard. He was holding onto a piece of rope and was almost getting sucked out of the plane. He held on, face grimacing and arms aching, trying not to be the second person to fall to their death.

"Coulson! Hang on!" Someone shouted at him as he stared at the blue sky.

Earlier than day

Skye and Alex were going through the van and packing up all their belongings. Folding their new clothes and packing up any useful electronics.

"Ooh, Alex. I think this is your shirt. And can you pass me my underwear? It's right there".

"What! I can't touch that".

"Alex, stop being a baby and pass it to me".

He finally did, handing it over and refusing to look at it as Skye laughed at him. They had only been packing for a few minutes as neither of them really had anything. Most of Skye's life was in the van but the only belongings she'd really kept were anything tech related.

She threw two of her bags outside and they landed right next to the plane's open ramp. They had both agreed to join S.H.I.E.L.D. And Alex didn't know if he was more excited or nervous. He'd dreamed of this when he struggled to sleep sometimes and now it was actually happening.

"Don't forget the little bobbleheads", he said.

Skye reached over for the hula girl and matching hula boy and smiled. She never wanted to leave these behind. They belonged together, and Alex had gifted her one so it meant a lot.

He sat on the edge of the van with his feet on the concrete outside. A small rucksack at his feet and every possession he owned was in it, except for the bonsai tree in his arms, of course.

"You don't have much", Skye frowned.

"I wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for you".

She smiled and turned around to hide it, finding the last bits she would need.

Simmons walks up to the van and greets them both before turning to Alex and gesturing to his body.

"I'd like to take a look at you after getting thrown into the wall. Can't have you dying on us before you properly join the team", she jokes awkwardly.

After Skye assured him she would be fine and would be up in ten minutes, he slung his bag over his shoulder and carried his tree inside.

Simmons took him to the lab right ahead and told his to sit on the chair.

"Does anything hurt?"

"Not really", he shook his head. "Just feel a bit bruised.

She nodded and gently moved his head, testing its movement and shining a light in his eyes. When she seemed happy there was no head injury, she moved on to his chest.