prologue

ANOUSHKA

Isabella Forbes
17 years old
Missing since June 18th

Every time I stroll past her missing person poster, goosebumps arouse on my skin. It has been over seven months since she's gone missing and the police aren't any closer to finding her.

Isabella Forbes. She was the queen of this school. She was the captain of a cheerleading team, she was a straight-A student, and everyone bowed down to her, even teachers. She had her way with everything. Many people loved her. Some wanted to be her, but me? I hated her. Did I hate her enough to make her disappear off the face of the earth? Probably not. Did I hate her enough to feel glad that she was gone? Definitely.

We used to be friends up until the start of secondary school. That is when she completely changed. She started to bully me, it was only stopped because she was gone. Everyone knew that we hated each other, which is why I was the main suspect in her case.

I lost friends. Well, the only friends I had. Some said they were afraid to be friends with me because I could kidnap them next. It was amusing.

Every time I walk past a group of people, I hear their whispers.
"She kidnapped her."
"Pure evil."
"How could she do that to such a nice girl?"

If only they knew. Only I knew the real Isabella Forbes. The girl who would trap me in a school locker overnight. The girl who sent fake nudes to my parents, who definitely didn't take that lightly, or the girl who trapped me in a bedroom with a man who wouldn't take no for an answer? She was evil and I'm glad she is gone.