8

ANOUSHKA

My parents told me that I had to attend a charity event with them this evening. I was going to get changed at my parent's house so I put my dress in a dress cover bag. 

I check the time that read 4 pm. It was Saturday so I didn't have any lessons today. I walk out into the hallway and Wren looks up at me from the kitchen. Her lips part as she eyes me. "You look beautiful." she whispers.

I smile at her. "Thank you." I reply. "Where's Creighton?" I ask, raising my brow.

"Not too sure." he says, redirecting her attention to the meal she was cooking. "He said he had somewhere he had to be."

"Hm." I reply. "I'm going to go now." I tell her. She says bye and I leave my dorm and I walk down to the reception.

Signing out, I approach my car and drove home.

"Hi Anoushka." my mum says when she allows me inside the house.

"Hello." I murmur.

"Your dad is at Aspen's." she tels me. "We're riding with them."

"What." I blurt, my mouth parting. "Dad didn't tell me they were going."

She raises a brow. "He must have forgotten." she says.

Sure he did. I wouldn't have gone if I knew Creighton and Daniel were going to be there.

"Does that mean Creighton will be there?"

She raises her brow again in suspicion. "Is there something going on between the two of you?"

I grimace. "God no."

She shoots me an unimpressed look. "We're going to be late."

"Let me get changed quickly." I murmur. I walk to my room and changed into the long purple dress that was completely backless and had a slit up the leg. It was gorgeous. I slip my purple stilettos on before walking downstairs.

"Let's go." I tell her, walking out before she could say anything about my dress.

•••

Thankfully Creighton wasn't there. At least, he wasn't home so I don't think he was coming to this gala. Daniel opens the door and I get out of the car, Aspen holds her arm out for me so we can connect arms. I interlock our arms as we walk to the main part of the gala. "Drink?" she asks me.

"Might as well." I murmur.

"No alcohol, of course." she says.

I laugh. "I don't drink, Aspen." I tell her.

She smiles back. "Good." she says.

We walk over to the drinks and I pick up a non-alcoholic beverage whereas Aspen picks up a champagne flute. "Mum." someone says from behind us.

Aspen turns around, her eyes wide as she stares at Creighton. What the fuck was he doing here? "Creighton?" she questions, as if she couldn't believe he was here. "What are you doing here? You said you didn't want to come."

He glances over at me, a smirk plastered on his lips. "Plans change." he simply says, shrugging his shoulders.

I clear my throat. "I need to use the bathroom." I tell Aspen before excusing myself.

I walk into the bathroom, dropping my purse onto the counter as I glance in the mirror. I retouch some of my makeup and apply more gloss before smacking my lips together. I hear faint sniffling from a toilet and I glance at the stall through the mirror. The door unlocks and I'm met with a beautiful young girl. Her brown eyes were teary and her lips were trembling.