44

ANOUSHKA

To-do list.
Visit Isabella
Visit Iris in the hospital with flowers and chocolates
Grocery shopping
Pilates (maybe)

I haven't done pilates in weeks and I need to make that a priority. I had a pretty busy day today. Creighton walks in, a towel hanging dangerously low on his hips, showcasing his abs and the remaining water droplets from his shower.

I watch him intently. He was so beautiful. Everything about him and I couldn't believe he was going to be my husband in a few months.

"Like what you see?" he asks.

"I do actually."

He grins as he sits beside me on his bed. "What are  you doing?"

I drop my notebook on my chest. Creighton will not let me meet Isabella on my own, hence why he can't ever find out. "Nothing," I reply, smiling.

He cups my cheek as he kisses me and I kiss him back. "I have maths soon," I tell him.

"I don't suppose I can convince you to bunk."

I shake my head. "I have missed every maths lesson because of you."

He laughs. "Maths is the devil's subject."

I shake my head with a smile. "Well with exams coming up I think we're going to have to concentrate."

He shrugs.

•••

The cell buzzes and the door opens. Isabella walks in. Her hair was thrown in a ponytail and she had dark circles staining her under eyes. She looked horrible.

"What do you want?" she snarls.

A smile curls my lips. "I just wanted to let you know that we found Iris and your plan to ruin both mine and Creighton's life completely failed." I simply say.

Her eyes darken and I grin. "Also I just wanted to tell you that if you ever attempt to threaten Creighton again, I will hurt you and that's a promise."

She laughs. "Not my fault he couldn't take the truth. He did enjoy what I did to him and he'll miss me in a few months because I don't think you're good enough for him to finish."

I laugh. Hard. "That's definitely not what he says every night."

Her eyes flare with anger.

"I hope you know that I'm working hard to give Creighton the justice he needs." I slowly say, my throat closing up and my chest tightening as I recall what she put him through. "And I hope you enjoy every second of your miserable life in this prison because you will not be seeing the light of day."

"Eventually I will," she says.

"If that helps you sleep at night," I tell her. "If you weren't so fucking stupid and jealous little bitch, you wouldn't be living such a terrible life, Isabella."

And with that, I stand up to leave.

"Fuck you!" she screams as the guards take her back to the cell.

Could she be any more dramatic?

•••

After I saw Isabella, I forced myself to attend a Pilates class and I couldn't move properly but now, I know I have to see Iris.