32

ANOUSHKA

I snuggle closer into my blankets. "Are you okay baby?" Creighton asks.

I nod. "I wish you were here with me." I murmur.

He cracks a beautiful smile. "Didn't I say that one day you'll be telling me you miss me."

I playfully roll my eyes as a smile creeps on my face. Creighton and I have been through a lot together. I just can't wait for it all to be over.

"I don't understand why he sent her hair in the box." Creighton says. "Why would he do that?"

I shrug. "Maybe it wasn't her hair. Did your uncle test the piece of hair?"

"No he didn't. Maybe it was Isabella's. She could have sent it herself," he suggests.

"I wouldn't put it past her." I mutter angrily, closing my eyes.

"I was thinking of going to see her." he says, my eyes shoot open. "With your permission of course." he rushes out.

"Why?"

"I just need some sort of closure."

"I'm coming with you," I tell him. Fuck knows what she's going to try with him, she's a manipulator. I won't allow her to hurt Creighton again.

He raises his brows. "You aren't going to see her Anoushka," he states.

"Then neither are you." I simply reply.

"Why."

"The same reason you don't want me going. You think she's going to try something with me and I don't want her getting inside your head."

He sighs. "Fine. Tomorrow we'll both go."

"I have a few questions for her anyway."

He raises a brow. "Care to share?"

"Just want to know why she did this. Was she really that jealous that she wanted to ruin our lives?"

He goes quiet for a second. "Before she drugged me, she used to always try to make a move on me. I would always stop her until one night she saw me staring at you."

My heart pounds faster. "What."

"You were on a date with some boy and I was also at the restaurant. I was livid, Anoushka. She must have read my expression."

"You were jealous?" I whisper.

"I was ready to crash your date." he says, laughing.

"Well I dated that boy and he cheated." I say, shuddering.

"With Isabella." he simply says.

I raise a brow. "How did you know?"

"Who do you think told you?" he asks.

What? "I found it strange because the person who told me wouldn't say it to my face. They messaged me."

"I didn't want you to hate me even more. So I did it anonymously. Why do you think I got into that fight a few months ago?"

"Over me?" I ask incredulously.

He laughs. "I overheard him saying a few things about you and I wasn't about to let him get away with it."

I was tempted to ask what he said exactly but I already knew. The breakup was rough and he was determined to get back with me but I wasn't going to do that to myself. He called me a bunch of names and I assume he must have repeated it in front of Creighton.

"You had my back." I whisper. "I never knew."

"Angel. I never stopped having your back. I was looking out for you even if you didn't realise it."

My mouth dries. "I love you." I whisper, my voice hoarse.

His eyes soften. "I love you too Angel. Go to sleep baby. I'll be here all night."

Darkness overcame me and I fell asleep.