9

ANOUSHKA

Creighton and I got back to campus so late last night. I woke up with a terrible headache but we had a school meeting in the main hall. Usually, when we had one, it was either to announce some important news or a boring presentation on how to improve our school. Everyone knew that whenever we had these meetings, our uniforms had to be top-notch.
Hair tied up.
Skirts below the knees.
Blazers on.
Ties straight.

However, it seemed those rules didn't apply to Wren. Either that or she just didn't care. She strode into the hall with her short skirt and pink gems on her black tie. Her hair was in a half pony, a pink scrunchie holding that hair up.

Low whispers fill the room but none of that affects Wren. She was confident in her stride as she strolls towards me with a smile.

She takes a seat beside me, and her vanilla scent immediately wavered in my nostrils.

"Hey." she smiles. "Sorry i'm late."

I shrug. "It's fine." I look down at her dazzled tie before looping my fingers around it. "You need to do that to mine. I'm thinking purple gems."

She winks at me. "I got you, babe."

I chuckle quietly to myself. "How was the gala?" she asks.

"It was fine." I whisper back. "Creighton was there." I say, rolling my eyes.

She grins. "I bet that made your day better." she whispers before forcing her attention back to the headteacher.

I roll my eyes before looking back at the headteacher.

"Good morning everyone" he begins, as he walks up and down the front of the hall, his hands behind his back. "Due to the terrible weather the past month, we were unable to hold our annual end of year party celebration. I and your other teachers are all extremely proud of how hard you have been working this year. So next week will be the new year party."

Cheers erupt from around the room. Wren leans in towards me, "Are we going?" she asks.

I turn to her, not even sure if I masked my shock. She asked if we were going, not just me.

"Yes." I say.

She grins. "We need to go dress shopping."

"We will," I tell her.

•••

"You failed." professor dick says, slamming my essay in front of me.

The class had finished and everyone left, leaving just me and this asshole alone. I pick up the paper, looking through his useless feedback. "Look. This is completely unfair." I tell him, reading the feedback that stated I wrote about the wrong topic.

He raises a brow in response.

"You told me I could do any topic as long as it was based around psychology. How is effect of parental conflicts on children not based on psychology?"

He opens his mouth to argue but I cut him off. "I really need this pass, sir." I tell him, practically pleading with him.

He shakes his head. "The topic was the role of the organization in memory. Take this failure as constructive feedback." he replies, a menacing smirk tugging at his lips.

He wants to see menacing? I'll fucking show him menacing.

Anger constructs inside of me as I glare at this pathetic excuse of a teacher. What teacher likes to see their student fail? Psychology was my favourite subject. I sometimes preferred it over maths. I was amazing at psychology. It's one of the only classes that I am enthusiastic to attend. I love the class and everything about it. Professor dickface just loves seeing me fail.