24

ANOUSHKA

Creighton and I had to stop by Kai's dorm because he needed to talk to Creighton. I groan as my head begins to throb. Fucking stupid headache. "You alright, Angel?" Creighton asks.

"Headache." I mumble, resting my head on his shoulder.

He smiles sympathetically, stroking the back of my head. "Kai will have some painkillers."

I nod and Creighton knocks twice at his door. The door opens and Kai's gaze trails from Creighton to me and his eyes darken when he sees me.

"I didn't know she was coming." Kai says, staring at me for a second too long.

"Is there a problem with that?" Creighton retorts.

Kai shakes his head but the way he was behaving made me feel a certain way. Clearing my throat, I follow Creighton inside the dorm.

"Did you find anything then?" Creighton asks while I stay silent.

Kai shakes his head. "Someone deleted all the footage after that." Kai says. "But I found out that the boy that spoke to Anoushka was Kyle Palmer."

"I've never heard of him." I say to Creighton. Kai pulls up a picture on his phone. He hands his phone over to me, and I stare at the picture.

"Yeah it was him." I say. I rub my temple before handing Kai's phone back to him. "Hey Kai do you have any painkillers?" I ask. "I have a terrible headache."

He nods and glances to his kitchen. "First drawer by the sink."

Creighton stands up but I grab his hand, stopping him. "I can get it myself." I smile at him. "You need to talk to Kai, right?"

He sighs and nods his head before sitting back down and I grin at him. I walk over to the kitchen and pulled out the first drawer by the sink and all I see are rows of cutlery. I notice a small bag at the back of the drawer and I furrow my brows as I reach for it. I pull out a small bag of pills. I look up to where Creighton and Kai were and they were engrossed in a private conversation. I read the bottle of the pills and I recognized them but I couldn't remember from where.

I bite down on my bottom lip as I reach for my phone in my pocket. I go back on the photo of the pills the detective sent me and my lips part.
No fucking way.

My eyes go wide and I shove the pills in my bra before actually searching for some painkillers. With shaky hands, I walk back to Creighton and Kai.

"You okay, Angel?" Creighton asks as I reach for my purse.

"Yes." I smile at him. "I just need to use the bathroom."

"Down the hall on the left." Kai interjects and I nod.

I hurry down the hall and I slam the bathroom door shut. I run a hand through my hair frantically. I couldn't believe this.
Kai is in on it.
He knows about everything.
"She has people on the inside. People close to you and Creighton." Jeremy's words rang in my hand. It made complete sense. I thought it was only Wren that was in on Isabella's plan but Kai is Creighton's best friend. That's why Jeremy said people close to me and Creighton. He knew Kai was in on it.

I didn't know how to break the news to Creighton. Kai was his best friend and I was implying that he was the one that poisoned Jeremy but why else would he own the exact same drugs that poisoned Jeremy?

Someone knocks on the door and I flinch. "Who is it?"

"What's taking so long?" Creighton asks. "We have to stop off in town."

"Two minutes." I reply.

I wrap the pills in tissue before shoving it in my purse. I had the fucking evidence.
Kai drugged Jeremy.