21

ANOUSHKA

It was a long evening.

The police took us down to the station where they called my parents, who scolded me for going to a party instead of asking if I was okay. They let us leave and my parents insisted that I came home but I refused. I couldn't deal with my parents right now.

"You took his phone right?" Creighton asks once we enter the dorm.

I slip the phone from my bra. "Yeah."

He holds his hand out for me to put it in. "No. I'm going through it alone. I don't need you to help me out."

I turn around to leave but he grabs my bare elbow. My stomach flutters from the faint touch. "I thought you said we were a team."

"We were until you cut me out of your life," I respond, pulling my arm back and storming off to my room.

I sit on my bed as I go through his messages. There were just the usual messages you would find on a teenage boy's phone except I read one contact. Isabella (2)

Could he be any more obvious? I scroll through the messages.
When are you coming to see me? Xx

That was such an Isabella thing to say. He replied soon.

I eventually reached the beginning of the messages. I grimace as u realised the first 100 messages were them having phone sex. Through messages?

"Ew." I murmur, scrolling down.

I reach a certain message that made me freeze.

Isabella (2): Wren has it under control.

Me: she's getting too close with her.

Isabella (2) : i'll sort her out.

The phone slips out of my hands. No. Tears immediately prick my eyes as I frantically picked the phone up.
Wren was in on it.
Wren knew everything.
She's helping the girl who ruined my life.
I couldn't think straight. All the things I told her about Isabella, the things I confided her in. She lied to me.

I didn't know Wren Larsen. The girl I thought was my best friend wasn't real. She didn't choose to be friends with me, she was forced to. Anger seeps inside of me and I jerk off my bed, storming to the main hall where Creighton and Wren were cooking dinner.

"You have one chance to tell me the truth." I say, staring at her back.

She turns to me, her brows raised. "What are you on about?"

Creighton also was watching me.

"You knew." I whisper. "You knew Isabella. Or you know Isabella. You told her everything." I say. "Was this the plan? Get close to Anoushka and when she finds out the truth, watch her break?"

Tears glimmer in her eyes as she walks towards me, reaching out to touch me. "Don't touch me." I snap. "Tell me the truth right now Wren. If our friendship meant a thing to you, you won't lie to me anymore." I choke out.

"It's all true. Everything you said is true." she whispers and my heart shatters.

I close my eyes as I absorb her words. She knew. Our friendship wasn't real. None of us it was.