13

CREIGHTON

I felt like a stalker.

I woke up with my arms wrapped around Anoushka's waist. When I was aware of my position, I released her as quickly as possible. I didn't want her to wake up and realise that I was spooning her all night but touching her felt amazing.

Her skin was soft and warm and I was almost tempted to pull her back.

It was so silent I could hear her breathing, her eyes were fluttered shut. She looked so peaceful and beautiful.

She groans quietly and she begins to stir in her sleep. I close my eyes so she doesn't realise that I had been watching her sleep for the past hour.

She shifts in bed and I'm pretty sure she was awake. Her quiet breathing wasn't so quiet. I could hear how close she was to me. What surprised me was her hand reaching out to push my hair back.

I could already feel my cheeks heating.

Fuck.

"You're awake?" her soft voice finally says.

I open my eyes. "Yeah." I murmur.

She didn't seem to apologise for touching my hair and I didn't want to even mention it because it felt nice.

"How long have you been awake for?"

"Few minutes." I lie.

"Did you sleep well?" she asks, biting on her bottom lip.

Fuck. She needs to stop doing that.

"Yes." I reply, forcing myself to meet her eyes instead of her fucking lips.

I don't think I have slept so well in my entire life.

"You?" I ask.

She nods her head. "I have things to do. I'll see you later." she says, rolling out of bed and walking to her bathroom.

"Wait."

She freezes before looking over her shoulder. "Yes."

"Didn't we agree that you won't be alone?"

She rolls her eyes. "Creighton I'm okay now. I can be alone."

"No. I'll get ready and we'll go together."

She completely turns around to face me and crosses her arms against her chest. "You don't even know where we're going."

"Enlighten me."

She huffs. "Creighton I work better alone."

"Oh, so we're studying." I amuse.

"There's no we." she snaps.

"Angel. We're roommates and sleeping buddies. There definitely is a we."

She rolls her eyes. "Fine." she huffs, storming to her bathroom.

I head back to my room with a grin on my face.

••••

I have a feeling Anoushka was intentionally taking even longer to get ready. She was probably trying to bore me out of going with her but I wasn't falling for it. I'm not letting her go alone.

I force my attention back to my phone as I listen to the voice recording from yesterday. Jeremy Clifford.
I had to speak to him sometime soon.

I hear the front door open and quietly close. I furrow my brows as I wait for the stranger to appear. A few seconds pass and Wren walks in. She looked exhausted.