6

ANOUSHKA

It's safe to say that I have been avoiding Creighton. Ever since he sent me that message I've been suspicious of him. There was a hidden threat somewhere in his message.

I finish my classes for the day so I decided to head back to my dorm and watch more romance movies. As the sight of my dorm came into view, I notice the principal at my dorm.

"What's going on, Principal Walters?" I ask him.

"I suppose you have heard of the fire that took place over a week ago." he begins.

"Yes."

"One of the dorms has been completely destroyed. We are working to fix it however we need a place for him to stay and your dorm is the only spare room."

Him? No.

"Please don't say what I think you're saying," I murmur, closing my eyes and hoping this is all a nightmare.

My dorm door opens, and Creighton was standing there with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey roommate," he says, smiling at me.

"No. No. No. And lastly no." I repeat, my voice getting louder with each word. "I can't share a room with him." I practically spit the word.

"It's only temporary." the principal tries to reason.

I let out a laugh that had no humour to it. "Then I'll move out. I'll dorm with someone else."

"Stop being childish." Creighton says, rolling his eyes.

"Childish?" I retort, letting out a dry laugh. "Childish is you setting my sweatshirt on f-" he cuts me off by clearing his throat. Yeah it might not be a good idea to mention Creighton setting the sweatshirt on fire.

I roll my eyes before turning to the head teacher. "I thought boys and girls weren't allowed to mix."

"Yes, they aren't however we spoke to your parents and they trust Creighton. You two are neighbours apparently."

"What if I don't want to room with him?" I ask.

"It's only for a few weeks while we set up another dorm."

I bite my bottom lip, debating whether or not I could actually live with Creighton for a few weeks. I wasn't scared of him in a way that he could hurt me. I just really didn't like him. He was arrogant and had psycho tendencies, like burning a sweatshirt because it was my ex-boyfriend's.

I feel a hand touch my back and I tense. I look up at the principal, who had a reassuring look on his face. "If it makes you feel better, another girl will be living with you two," he says.

"New girl?" I question quietly.

Oh, God.

"I'll let you two talk this out." the headteacher says, dropping his hand from my back and walking away.

Creighton's gaze hardens as he watches the principal walk away. "Isn't that inappropriate?" he asks.

"What?"

"He was touching you."

I roll my eyes. "It wasn't like that." I tell him.

He raises a brow. "If you say so." he murmurs, leaning against the door, his arms crossed against his chest as he stares at me.

"We have roommate matters to discuss." he says, smiling cockily.

I huff and storm inside my dorm and I hear the door close.