38

ANOUSHKA

The fact I'm able to get out of bed baffles me but Creighton did take care of me last night so maybe that's why I'm able to walk but there was a small discomfort between my legs. When I reach my front door, I sigh into my phone. "I'm about to walk inside," I tell Creighton.

My parents had invited me home for an emergency dinner. They didn't mention with who so I just assumed it was with Creighton's parents.

"Alright Angel," he says. "I'll come down in a bit."

"Okay," I whisper, hanging up.

I knock twice and my dad answers. I was wearing a shirt with jeans. Nothing too dramatic.

"Anoushka." my dad says.

"Hello," I murmur, walking inside. "Are Creighton's parents here?" I ask.

He purses his lips. "Not quite," he says, walking back to the dining room and I follow after. "We thought it was about time you met your fiancee and his family."

I freeze and my lips part. "Couldn't you have warned me?" I grit out. I would have told Creighton and I wouldn't have come.

He turns around to look at me. "You wouldn't have come if I told you," he says before walking inside the dining room. 

I roll my eyes before walking off with him. My mum sees me and she smiles. "Anoushka," she says, standing up and kissing my cheeks.

Her affection was only for show. She never showed me this type of affection privately.

"Hi, Mum," I mumble.

"This is Anoushka. My daughter." my dad introduces.

I look over at them and I say hello. My dad seats me right beside Ivan and I smile politely at him. Our parents indulged in conversation whereas me and Ivan sat there silently. So fucking awkward.

"Anoushka." Mum calls me, noticing the awkward tension between Ivan and me. "Why don't you show Ivan your bedroom?" she insists.

What is so interesting about my bedroom? I nod stiffly before standing up. I nod my head at Ivan, indicating for him to follow me. He gets the hint and stands up.

We walk to my bedroom and he looks around. "Nice bedroom," he says.

"Thanks," I reply.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and take it out, glancing at the contact. Creighton. I quickly send him a message, telling him that I'll speak to him later.

"Creighton?" Ivan asks.

I tense and nod my head. "Yeah," I murmur.

"You should break up with him now. When we get married, I won't allow you to see him."

I bite my lip to stifle my laugh. "Allow me? I thought it was a marriage not some sort of ownership. If I want to see Creighton, I will see him."

He steps closer, attempting to threaten me. "Break up with him now," he demands.

"Why the fuck would I do that?" I retort.

"Because I have evidence that will destroy you and your little friends."

I arch a brow. "Evidence like what?"

"Breaking into my dorm," he states. "I recorded it all. Wren picked the lock. You planting the hair. Break up with Creighton or else I'll show it to the police and you all will get excluded."

"Are you blackmailing me?"

He grins. "If that doesn't persuade you maybe this will," he murmurs. "Wren's pregnant isn't she? How do you think the school with react when they realise the four of you hid her pregnancy."