17

ANOUSHKA

"Where do we go from here?" I ask Creighton as he walks me to my class.

"Well now we know that Jeremy is probably involved in her disappearance." he mutters.

A loud alarm disrupts us and I look at Creighton confused. "Everyone to the hall immediately." the head teacher's voice announces through the intercoms.

"What's going on?" I ask as I watch groups of people strolling towards the main hall.

"Let's find out." he replies.

We follow the crowd of people rushing to the hall and Creighton finds us two chairs to sit on. The head teacher looked distressed. His ageing hair was messy, his face was twisted with horror.

"We have some news to talk about." he begins. "A student has gone missing. Iris Mccullaugh. She was last seen at the new year's party and she hasn't been seen since. If you have any news, please talk to these officers."

A picture pops up on the screen of her. She had long brunette hair and she was wearing a purple dress. "This is what she was wearing before she went missing." he says.

"Weren't you wearing the same dress?" Creighton whispers to me.

"Yes." I finally breathe out. We wore the exact same dress.

"If you know anything let these officers now but in the meantime we have put some rules in place for safety."

A collection of groans fill the room.

"Strict curfew at 9 pm. Do not leave your dorm alone. Stay with someone at all times no matter what. We need to find Iris alive and safe."

"Fucking hell." I hear Creighton mutter under his breath. "This is going to trigger a lot of people who were affected by her disappearance." he whispers in my ear.

I knew what he was talking about. I was going to get the blame for it. People were going to talk and it'll be about me and Isabella. Again.

We found Wren and Luca. "Is your party cancelled?" I ask him.

"No. The party isn't on campus so the rules don't apply."

"Party's at 8." he says. "Come here Wren." he murmurs to her, pulling her away.

"I need to go to my lesson." I tell Creighton.

He nods. "What lesson is it?"

"Maths."

"I'll walk you to your lesson."

"You know you don't have to," I say as he begins to walk.

"Didn't you hear what he said? Clearly, there is something more to what he told us." he says, licking his bottom lip.

My eyes froze on that gesture. His lips look so soft. I wonder how he kissed. Would he- What the fuck is wrong with you?

"Angel." he says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hm," I reply, absentmindedly as I shift my eyes to meet his. He was watching me with amusement. Oh shit.

"Creighton." someone calls out, making me jerk backwards. He watches me with a smirk before turning around to talk to whoever was calling him

The girl walks closer towards him, leaning up to kiss his lips. "What the fuck." he mutters, jerking backwards.

"Creighton." she whines, gripping his T-shirt.