15

ANOUSHKA

I sit in my bed with a warm cup of tea and one of my favourite true crime shows playing. I was exhausted. I may have tried to tire Creighton out today but I think it's me that is actually suffering. My legs are fucking killing me. I'm also still surprised that he actually held all my bags. I expected him to shove the bags in my hand and tell me to hold them myself but he didn't.

Creighton appears at my door and I smile gently at him and he didn't return the smile. He looked slightly pale and I raise a brow.

"Creighton?" I ask.

He clears his throat before walking up to me and dropping beside me on my bed. "Someone dropped this off." he whispers, handing a piece of paper over.

I look down at the photograph of me and Creighton sitting on the bench, speaking to that elderly woman. Creighton was kissing my cheek. Oh my god. My stomach churned and bile rises to the back of my throat and I swallow hard. "What." I manage to finally say.

"Turn it over." he tells me, his brows furrowed. It looked as if he was going to be sick.

In all caps it says was the last message not clear enough Anoushka?

"Oh, my god." I breathe out, slapping a hand over my lips.

He doesn't reply. Instead, he takes the picture from my hand and grips my chin so that I can look at him. "I'll sort this out for you Anoushka." he reassures.

I shake my head. "What do they want with me?" I choke out, my throat drying.

His eyes soften. "I'm not sure." he admits quietly.

He brushes a tear away from my face. "I'll go get Wren," he says. "She'll stay with you tonight."

He pulls away. I didn't know how to tell him I wanted him to comfort me. The first night I received the photograph of me. Creighton held them tightly that night and refused to let go. Instead, I clear my throat and I nod my head at him.

He smiles gently at me but the way he was looking at me was almost like he wanted me to tell him to stay but I didn't.

He leaves my room and a few seconds later Wren enters. "Creighton told me you were upset and you needed company." she whispers, getting in my bed.

I nod stiffly. I'm glad he didn't tell her the truth. I don't know how I would break it to Wren that she might be in danger. What if she's in the dorm alone and someone comes in? They clearly know how to get in and out without a trace.

"Yeah. Just some things with my parents." I murmur.

"Anoushka. I need to tell you something." she whispers.

"Hm." I reply.

"I'm pregnant." she finally chokes out.

Oh God.

"Luca?" I quietly ask.

A tear runs down her cheek while nodding her head. "Wren." I whisper. "Look at me."

She meets my eyes. "I can't do this." she whispers. "I can't be a mum."

"Then you don't have to." I say, smiling softly. "Have an abortion."

She smiles sadly. "I told Luca and he told me to get rid of it," she says, crying. What an asshole.

"Fuck him, Wren." I snap. "You have me. And even Creighton. We'll help you through this." I reassure her.

"He said the same thing." she says, sniffling with a small smile.

"You told him before me!" I gasp dramatically.