20

ANOUSHKA

It's been weeks since Crieghton and I stopped being friends. I didn't think he was serious when he meant we weren't going to be friends anymore. I don't even see him in the morning anymore but when I do wake up, there is always breakfast made for me and the only times we ever talk are during tutor.

I try to make conversation with him but he either changes the conversation back to school or he brushes it off. At family dinners, when my dad talks about my wedding, Creighton leaves and he doesn't come back and he doesn't speak to my dad. In fact, every time I see him looking at my dad, he's always glaring. He hates him for ruining what he could've had. Wren had tried making us speak but Creighton is an expert at silent treatment.

Currently, I'm watching him talk to that fucking girl. I had no right to be jealous but I couldn't help it. Him and that girl have gotten a lot closer and it
made me sick.

I sigh once I leave the cafeteria. Wren hurrying behind me. "Don't show him you're upset," she says.

"I'm not upset." I murmur, walking to the dorm. I open the door and I'm met with an envelope on the floor with my name on it. I subtly pick it up and shove it in my pocket so that Wren didn't see it.

"You're heartbroken. I get it. He isn't worth that heartbreak."

I wasn't really listening to what she was saying, I was distracted with the note so I just nodded my head to whatever she said.

"Wait really?" she asks and I force myself to listen.

"Wait what." I blurt.

"You'll come to Luca's birthday party."

That means Creighton will be there. "No-"

She squeals. "I'm so excited. Considering you cancelled on the party a few weeks ago. This is amazing. You can totally wear that dress you bought."

"I don't want-"

"Please." she cuts me off. "I need someone to go with me."

Wren had way more friends than I did so I didn't believe for a second that was the reason. "Fine. What time is it at?"

"7," she replies. "It would be 9 but these stupid curfew restrictions are ruining everything."

"I'll be ready." I say, walking to my bedroom. I take the envelope out of my pocket and I open it.

Come to the party tonight. It you wanna see who I am.
My number is at the bottom.

My first thought was to call Creighton but I dropped my phone onto my bed when I realised that I wouldn't know how to even tell him. I needed to handle this on my own.

•••

We walk into Luca's house with our arms linked together. It was a huge party. Luca really knows how to throw one.

"Hey baby." I hear him yell at Wren. She smiles before running over to him. I hesitantly follow after them.

I message the number that he gave me, telling him that I was here.

"Anoushka." Luca says. I glance up from my phone to see him. "I didn't think you were coming." he says, hesitantly.

"Well here I am." I mumble.

"Let's dance." Wren interrupts, grabbing my hand. He pulls her back and holds her waist so she couldn't move. "No dancing or drinking." he tells her.