1

ANOUSHKA

I tap my finger against my steering wheel, debating whether or not I want to visit my parents. Living in a boarding school was one of the only good things my parents did for me however coming home to visit them was the punishment.

It was a half an hour drive to get back to campus so I was only going to be allowed to visit for an hour or so. I was still dressed in my uniform. My white blouse was untucked, and my skirt rolled up to my upper thigh.

Gathering up my courage I open my car door and walk toward their house. Knocking twice on the door I stood back as I wait for an answer.

A few seconds later, the door opens. Where a typical mum would be smiling at their daughter for coming home to visit them, my mum's face dropped once she sees my attire.

"You should take more care of your appearance." she scolds as she walks closer towards me

I sigh and look down at my uniform. "What's wrong now?"

She tucks my blouse into my skirt. She pulls my hair into a low ponytail and rolls my skirt down so that it was reaching my shins. Yeah no.

"Modesty isn't my thing," I murmur.

"Your dad can't see you like that. You know what he'll say." she whispers.

Yep. My dad was a freak, who tried to control what I wore. Did it ever work? Nope. Truth be told, ever since Isabella sent those fake nudes to my parents, my relationship with my parents went downhill.

My dad stopped taking me out on drives every week. My mom stopped teaching me how to cook. The only reason why they haven't kicked me out is that I'm their daughter. It would be bad for their reputation to kick out their only daughter but it hasn't stopped my dad from threatening to do it. Although, sending me to a boarding school felt like the equivalent of being disowned. My dad was a well-known business owner. He went to events regularly and occasionally I would have to go along. It would be a huge scandal if he disowned his only daughter.

"When was the last time I cared what my dad thought about me?" I question.

She murmurs something under her breath before pulling back. Her warm hands cradle my face. "I wish you didn't disappoint us like that." her brown eyes water slightly.

My jaw tightens as guilt fills me.
No.
Don't feel guilty.

"I came here to visit you. Not for a lecture. Trust me I have many of those in school." I say, hoping my tone is as cold as ice. "Can I come in now?" I ask.

She nods her head as she walks inside and I follow after.

My dad was sitting at the dinner table with a newspaper in his hand. His eyes not once flickering to meet mine.

I sit opposite him and my mum sits beside him. Glancing at the breakfast on the table. I lean in and grab two pieces of toast and jam. I notice my mum's eyes on me and I raise a brow at her in questioning. She looks down at the two pieces of toast in my hand. "Do you really need two?" she asks.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah. I actually do." I respond, lathering the jam on top and biting into it, hoping that the crunch was loud just for the emphasis.

She shakes her head with disbelief. "So Anoushka. Boarding school treating you good?" she asks.

"Yes."

"Made any friends?"

"Sure." No.

I lost all my friends. I was the number one suspect in the case. Even some teachers said it's would be best if I kept my dorm to myself but who was I to argue with that?