4

CREIGHTON

My mother and I go to my siblings grave at least once a month or maybe even twice depending on how we feel but today's different. It's been two years since their death.

My mum places a bouquet of flowers by the gravestone and I sink to my knees as I shakily place a small car that I bought and a doll. "You would love these." I whisper.

My mum strokes my back gently before sitting beside me. "God, I miss them." she says and guilt fills me. I wish it was me instead of them. They were only children.

"I never blamed you for what happened." my mum tells me. She says that all the time. I know she blames my father because she filed for divorce right after their death. She doesn't know that I was the one that dragged them back to land. She doesn't know that they begged me to go swimming with them.

"Creighton please." My little sister begs as she tugs on my hand.

I grin as I crouch down to reach her level. "You guys have been in the water all day long."

My brother huffs, crossing his arms against his chest. This boy is only 8 but he has the attitude of a teenager. I couldn't wait until those years come.

"Creigh!" my sister pleads again.

"Fine." I murmur. "I need to go to the bathroom first. Wait here!"

She squeals. "I love you Creigh." she smiles hugging my leg.

"He wasn't a good person." I say. "Not a good dad or husband." I continue.

She nods sadly. "I'm relieved I met Daniel." she whispers. "He saved us!"

He saved her. Not me. Although I wasn't his biggest fan I know my mum loves him and if he makes her happy then I didn't care. He was always there for my mum after my sibling's death. Originally, he was her boss and when my mum took a shit ton of days off work I think he realized what happened. He was a part of my life for a long time and I didn't resent him as much as I used to.

"I think we should head back now." she says. "How do you feel about tucking in and watching old videos?" she asks. "I can have the day off work."

I lightly smile at my mother. "That sounds amazing."

•••

ANOUSHKA

My mum chose a long dress for me to wear. Fucking hell. At times like this, I wished I was at school. I put on a good amount of makeup to disguise the redness scarring my cheek.

"You are going to give them this basket and apologise," she urges.

I nod my head.

I grab the stupid basket and walk to their house. I knock twice before the door opens. I expect to see Aspen or even Daniel, not fucking Creighton.

His eyes wander over my attire before they flicker to meet my eyes. "On your way to a funeral?" he asks, a playful tone in his voice.

"I would rather be there." I grumble. "Are your parents home?" I ask.

He nods his head confusedly. "My mum's in the living room and Daniel is in his office. Why?" he asks, his brows lifted.

"I need to apologise. I was wrong for yesterday."

He scoffs. "You apologising?" he laughs as if that's the most ridiculous thing he has ever heard. "Who's coercing you?"

"Fuck you." I say with a sweet smile. "Are you going to let me in?"