16

CREIGHTON

"I'll talk to Jeremy today," I say, writing something down on a Post-it note and sticking it on the wall.

Anoushka goes quiet. "Can I come?" she quietly asks.

I'm about to say no but a sad expression washes over her face and I immediately sit down beside her on my bed. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just nervous." she finally says, fiddling with her fingers. "Wren's with Luca and I'll be here alone."

"I'll call Kai over," I say.

"Why can't I come with you?"

"It's dangerous. I don't want him to hurt you."

"Please can I come?" she flutters her lashes as she looks up at me.

Oh, God.

"Fine." I tightly reply. "You can come."

She grins. "I have a meeting with Walters about the month of detention," she says, rolling her eyes. "I'll meet with you afterwards."

•••

ANOUSHKA

I knock twice on his door and when I hear a come in, I walk into his office. "Anoushka. Just the girl I was looking for," he tells me, walking towards me.

He places his hand on my back as he walks me to his desk. Shivers erupt all over my skin at the contact. What was his issue?

"I don't have a chair for you," he murmurs.

"It's fine," I say, shrugging as I sit on the edge of his desk.

He stands in front of me. "So you Professor Dick told me what happened between the two of you," he tells me. "A month of detention seems a bit harsh, doesn't it?"

I nod. "Sure."

"How about we lower the month detention to a week?"

My eyes light up. "Seriously?"

He smiles as he leans closer, his hand touching my bare thigh. My smile fades as I look down at the contact of his hand on me. "Anousbka if you ever need to talk to someone, you can always speak to me," he says, smiling reassuringly. "You can show me that essay of yours and we can work on it together. I have a degree in psychology."

I glance down at his hand on my thigh. "No, it's fine. I sorted it out." I say, smiling softly.

His hand inches higher up my skirt and unease fills my body and my stomach turns. His hand alides under my skirt and I jump off the table, taking a step back from him. "Don't touch me."

He laughs awkwardly. "I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable Anoushka," he says, interlocking his fingers. His cheeks burned red.

"Then why would you touch me?" I angrily reply.

"I'm sorry Anoushka." he says. "Your detention will be cut down to a week." he continues, a cautious expression in his eyes.

I nod. "Can I go?"

"See you around." he smiles.

I hurriedly leave his office. There was something off with the way he was acting. Even professor dickface wasn't creepy like that. Shaking off my thoughts, I message Creighton telling him that I'm on my way to the library.