25

CREIGHTON

I sat in the security office. Anoushka wasn't responding to my messages and I was getting worried.

The security guard was taking way too long to search the bags.

"Can you just go through the CCTV footage? I didn't steal anything. Someone is framing me."

"Fine." he snaps, walking over to the computer and pulling up the footage on one of the many screens he had.
One of the cameras had a viewpoint of the parking lot and I noticed my car and Anoushka wasn't in there. Where the fuck did she go?

He pulls up the cameras from the shop we were in. "There," I say, and he stops the footage.

It was when someone shoved into Anoushka, you can see them slipping a perfume bottle into the bag that she was holding.

Shit.

"Can you track them? See their face."

He does as he says and the next frame this guy was in was outside the shop. He pulls off his hood and my heart drops.
No.
This has to be wrong.
It can't be.
Anoushka was right all along.
He knew that we were going to town.
He killed Jeremy.
I could hear the thumping of my heart through my ears. No.

"The camera's outside." I breathe out. Where is she? Where's Anoushka?

He switches the cameras to outside and I hear him mutter "fuck" before calling someone.

"There has been a kidnapping. Call the police." he says into the phone.

My heart drops.
I couldn't hear him.
Anoushka has been kidnapped.
Kai kidnapped her.
My best friend.

"No," I tell the security guard. "You're lying to me. Anoushka is fine. She hasn't been kidnapped."

He looks at me sympathetically. "I'm sorry son. We called the police."

I should have listened to her. Why the fuck did I not listen to her? She knew that Kai was a part of it all but I didn't want to listen. I hurt her.

I grab my phone with shaky hands as I call Anoushka. Please pick up the phone, baby. The phone goes straight to voicemail. The evidence was right in front of me but I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to.

I call my Uncle after. He answers on the second ring. "Anoushka's been kidnapped." I whisper.

Those words didn't seem real. They couldn't be real.