31

CREIGHTON

"From here on out, you two will not be allowed to share a dorm." the principal says.

"What." Anoushka and I say at the same time.

"How is that fair?" I ask.

He looks down at the papers at his desk before scoping them all up and placing them in a binder. He stands up and puts it on the shelf. I notice a paper falling on the ground. I lean down to pick it up as I glance at the picture.
My lips part.
It was Iris.
Why would the principal have an open picture of Iris in his office? It wasn't the normal picture you would imagine a teacher would have. Iris was dressed in lingerie. Holy fucking shit.

Anoushka glances at the paper in my hand and I quickly fold it before slipping it into my pocket. She clears her throat and I look up at the principal who was facing us. "Her parents walked in on you on top of her. You're lucky they aren't suing. You're both suspended."

Anoushka scoffs. "How is that fair? You talk a lot about education but you're suspending him for kissing me. I consented to it, you're acting as if my parents walked in on us having sex."

He turns bright red and I smirk. "Can we compromise? Suspend me but keep her in school. I'll take the suspension and I'll move dorms just let Anoushka stay in school."

She opens her mouth to argue but I shoot her a look, telling her to trust me. I could handle being suspended but Anoushka won't be able to. She will be stuck with her parents for a whole week and I won't allow her sick father to hurt her again.

"Why would you do that?" the principal asks.

"Her education is important." I deadpan.

Anoushka leans back against her chair, crossing her arms against her chest.

"Creighton. You'll be moving back in with Luca Brown and Anoushka, you'll stay with Wren Larsen. Per her parent's request, you two will not be allowed to talk outside of class."

She gapes at him. "Are you being serious?"

Her parents are fucking annoying.

I clench my jaw. "Maybe if you were this observant of the people in this school you would've stopped Iris from going missing."

A muscle in his jaw clicks as he tilts his head to the side. "What do you mean by that?"

I shrug. "Just saying. Maybe be careful of the things you keep lying around. You never know who can pick them up."

He stands up so quickly that Anoushka flinches. He leans over his desk. "Is there something you would like to say, boy?"

I grin and shake my head. "Is there something you're hiding?"

His face turns even redder. "You're expelled," he yells.

"Expelling him over what?" Anoushka adds.

His eyes dart to hers and she merely smiles at him. "You wanna know what I think," she says, leaning forward and resting her arms on her thighs. For a second, I swear his eyes dart down to her chest and I was tempted to lunge over the table and teach him a lesson. "I think you're guilty of something. Was it Iris?" she asks.

He drops down on his chair. Anoushka takes this as her chance to stand up. "It's okay." she soothes him, her voice as gentle as ever. "You can tell us. We want to help you," she whispers.

Her psychology classes are clearly paying off.

A frustrated tear ran down his cheek and I knew Anoushka had him. Subtly, I pull my phone out from under the table and I begin to record this conversation. "I kidnapped her," he states, his tone full of relief. "I did it all."

She tuts her tongue. "It's okay Sir. We understand. Why did you do it? Was she too irresistible? Did you take her for yourself?"

"I was having an affair with her for months. She threatened to tell the police. She printed pictures of herself and planted them all over my office. I couldn't lose my job. I have children and a wife." more tears pour out of his eyes. "Do you understand how hard it was? I tried so hard to stay away." he continues, sobbing hysterically.

Anoushka nods her head. "God, you really are stupid." she continues to say in her gentle voice.

His nostrils flare and he shoots up from his chair. His hand wrapped around Anoushka's neck. I jump out of my seat and I lunge for him, wrapping my arm around his neck and I pull him back. "Your first mistake was looking where you weren't supposed to and now you laid your hands on her." I snarl in his ear.

"Get off me!" he shouts, I tighten my forearm around his neck.

"Anoushka baby. Pull my phone out of my pocket."

She does as I say.

"Call my uncle."

We finally cracked it but some pieces didn't add up. Why did they send the box of her hair? Is Ivan even involved?

That is a conversation needed for later.

•••

For the second time today, Anoushka and I were called into the headteacher's office. My uncle came and arrested the headteacher. Somehow they managed to bring in another temporary teacher to fill in the role.

"I assume the police already interrogated you."

"Yes," Anoushka replies.

"From here I see that it says that you are suspended." she continues to say, looking at me.

"That is correct."

"In gratitude for discovering the truth about Walter. How about we get rid of that suspension?"

I glanced at Anoushka who had a huge beautiful smile on her face. My stomach immediately tightens at the sight of her smile. Fucking hell. She is beautiful.

"Except we have to take in the fact that you two were being intimate with one another. We can't refuse your parent's wishes Anoushka. Creighton, you'll continue to live with Luca and Anoushka you'll live with Wren." she looks back down at her notepad. "You won't be allowed to communicate after class. Creighton. You must leave Anoushka alone. If you fail to follow these rules then you will be suspended."

"Do I get a say in this?" Anoushka asks.

"Unfortunately not."

Anoushka stays silent. "Is that all?" I ask.

She nods. "Thank you for both of your services. The counsellor is free to talk to either of you if you have any worries about what you witnessed with the principal."

I stiffly nod my head and Anoushka leaves the office.
"I don't want you to go, Creighton," she whispers,
lowering her head so that she was looking at the ground.

I grip her chin, lifting her head so that she can meet my eyes. "I'm not leaving you, angel," I tell her, my voice is full of assurance.

"We have so much to talk about. It doesn't add up completely. Something is missing Crieghton."

I nod my head in agreement. "Stay by your phone. I'll call you tonight."

She furrows her brows. Something I have noticed about Anousbka is that she struggles to sleep well. She needs to be with someone. She is still traumatised from what she went through.

"I'll find a way to speak to you Anoushka. I don't give a fuck what I have to do."

A/N
Sorry for not posting recently. I had school and work and I've been too tired to edit and post chapters but I will try my hardest to post but I can't promise anything.