45

CREIGHTON

It has been two months since me and Anoushka got engaged, which also meant that Anoushka and I have moved on to the next step of our lives together.
No more Isabella.
No more disappearances.
No more crimes.

After the dreadful weeks of Anoushka demanding Isabella be charged with sexual assault crimes and after many uncomfortable talks in court about what Isabella did to me. They charged her. Long story short, Isabella will not be seeing a glimpse of sunlight in her life now. All because of Anoushka. She fought for the justice I never knew I needed

Although recalling everything Isabella did to me was one of the hardest things I had to do, it was reassuring to know that I had Anoushka. Every morning before we went to court, she held onto me extra tight. Every night before we slept, she whispered she loved me repeatedly like a lullaby.
I have never felt this level of peace before. Every morning I wake up with Anoushka in my arms I just want to hold onto her forever.

"Anoushka baby we're running late," I call out.

My stepdad told us we had to announce our engagement tonight so we had to attend a gala in Manchester. The gala was a huge event so my stepdad demanded that I wear a suit and Anoushka was of course wearing a dress.

"One second," she shouts. I had already gotten ready at my house and Anoushka was getting ready at hers, so I was waiting in her living room for her.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I walk toward the stairs. My jaw hangs when she comes into view. Christ, she was beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off her, she was wearing an embroidered purple lehenga. I was speechless. Every inch of her was stunning. Her hair was naturally curly and I couldn't keep staring at her. She eventually reached the bottom of the stairs and I pulled her closer. "You look like an angel."

She really did. If I could describe her in one word then that's the word I would use. She really was an angel.

She smiles. "So do you," she replies.

I raise a brow. "I look like an angel?"

Her cheeks redden. "You look handsome as always." she retorts, kissing me gently.

"Anoushka." her mum calls her. Anoushka turns around and smiles politely at her mother.

"Hi," she says.

Her mum looked her up and down. "I didn't expect you to wear this," she whispers.

Anoushka clears her throat. "I didn't think it was an issue what I wore." she whispers.

Anger seeps inside my bones. "Anoushka looks beautiful in anything she wears. There's no need for you to judge her for what she is wearing." I intervene.

Her mum looks at me with a stunned expression. I mean they should be used to do this at this point. I always defend Anoushka.

Anoushka smiles at me. "Well. We'll be on our way," she says before grabbing my hand and leaving.

"We have to stop by my house. Your dad and my stepdad said they have rules to discuss."

"Of course they do," she murmurs under her breath. "Don't walk too fast. My heels are big."

I glance down at her huge heels. "Should've gone for the smaller heel then," I smirk.

She gasps. "You listened to what I told you?" she asks as if that is the craziest thing she's ever heard. "I'm rambling half the time."

I don't care whenever she is rambling. I just love listening to her talk and the happiness she has on her face when she talks about the things she loves.