24. hyacinth

"Wait Levi- before I meet her- does she know who I am?"

"That's a stupid question."

"There are no stupid questions- that's besides the point," I paused, frowning at him, "does she know that I'm in this body."

do i have to pretend to be you?

"She- fuck- does she?"

"I do not want to be involved in breaking that news- I'm tired of getting disappointed looks from your friends and family."

TOP TEN WORST FEELINGS

"You don't need to talk to her, we just need to do something somewhere she can see."

IF SHE THINKS THAT I'M YOU SHE'S GOING TO TALK TO ME

SHE'S YOUR FRIEND RIGHT??

AND YOU'RE HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A MINUTE- IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN

"Alright I'll send her your way when she inevitably comes looking for her friend Levi."

although i still have a hard time believing that you have friends

"You-" his protest faded into a long sigh. "We should tell her."

"Good, I'm getting tired of lying. Besides, she's your friend, she should know."

"This is going to be more trouble than its worth," Levi pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation. "Isabel is difficult."

"Knowing you that means she's fun."

"Regardless, we should let her see something before we tell her."

alright

"Your house has good pastries," I changed the subject, refilling my plate. "Just what do you want her to see? I'm sure we both have boundaries."

i mean doing this with levi ackerman breaks about 50 of mine

"It's not like there's anything we haven't seen of each other dumbass."

HUH

"YOU EXPECT ME TO UNDRESS???"

"That's not what I'm saying idiot-"

"THAT'S SURE WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE-"

"We just need to do enough so that her imagination can fill in the blanks."

sounds to me like you want to see yourself naked

"Ok, hugging will be enough."

even that is pushing it

"Alright, I can hug you I guess," I looked down at my nails, avoiding eye contact, "you know I never noticed this but your hands are really soft." I paused, continuing to inspect them, "did you receive frequent beauty treatments for your hands?"

i never knew you were so vain levi...

BEFORE ANYONE CRITICIZES ME

it's self care when i do it and vanity when levi ackerman does it

"You're getting distracted," he sighed loudly, "I moisturize."

wow

"That's kinda cute," I glanced back up at him, "ok are we going to get this hugging thing over with?"

"You're not going to say anything stupid?"

"I mean I was keeping it to myself for once but if you'd like me to share-"

"For once? Since when did you become self aware," he scoffed, flipping me off. "Keep it to yourself 'for once' forgive me for thinking you had changed."

"Stop saying cruel and unlikable things with my face, it's scary."

"I thought your face was used to it," Levi rolled his eyes, "you're the one who said 'for once' after all."

"My gorgeous face using my own words against me," I clutched my heart through my shirt, "I must take my anger out on the reputation of this body."

"Alright, enough," he returned to normal.

although what is normal recently-

"Are we hugging or what?"

"We're hugging-" he appeared to have great difficulty saying the last word.

"Where is she?"

"Isabel? She could be anywhere," he paused, "she's heard that I'm back by now and should be tearing up the entire fucking mansion to find me."

"Wow, your fans are truly dedicated," I feigned awe, clapping a little.

"I thought you liked Isabel."

"I did until she was the reason I had to hug you."

"Don't treat her like you treat me, she's a dumbass but she's kind," Levi regarded me coolly.

that's one of the few things i like about you

as surprising as i find it having never been on the receiving end of that treatment

he does care about the people who support him

i wonder if they know that

or if he only acts like this in front of me

because he's worried that i'll do something

i mean he should be worried about me- but for other things entirely

i'm only interested in being a villain for one person

he's just as interested in being a villain to me so it's an equal trade

"Oh so Isabel and I are both dumbasses? You must love me a lot!" I held my cheeks and pretended to squeal like one of his many fans. "Was that a good impression?"

"A little," he hid a chuckle behind his hand.

"No need to be so stiff about it, my body was made for being expressive."

"And yet I've only seen it angry."

"Anger just so happens to be the expression you make me feel."

as your number one hater i take great pride in that

"You—" his breath hitched in his throat, his gaze suddenly becoming distant and concerned.

did i make him actually upset-

i didn't really mean too

at least not right now- we're supposed to try and work together

"Levi- is that the one that gets you? I feel like I've said worse-" my frown deepened as he continued to look distant. "To be clear sometimes I have positive thoughts about you- I mean just a second ago I thought it was nice that you were looking out for Isabel even if it meant that you were kinda being an ass to me-"

is he dead-

"Shut up and hug me," his gaze snapped back to mine.

HE'S ALIVE

"What the fu-"

"Would it kill you to be more assertive," he growled into my ear, suddenly tugging me by the arm into an embrace.

________________

feeling sooo much more alive than last week- hope u are too

- ami