47. fluorite

"In my defense she offered in the first place."

WOW... BETRAYAL

"AND YOU ACCEPTED-"

"Y/N- what was so important that you allowed an outsider to steal from your father's office?" Mikasa was currently standing over Levi and I as we answered for our crimes.

oh uh

"To be clear- he never stole anything- I just gave him the opportunity to look around."

STOP WORRYING

I WAS SUPERVISING

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT

"And why did you think that was a good idea?"

"She-" I quickly cut Levi off with an elbow to the gut.

"Do you want us to get murdered?"

"What was that Y/N?"

"Nothing Mikasa-" I hummed, smiling up at her. "We're very sorry for looking around the office- can you let us go now? It's been a long time since I was home- I want to greet everyone."

FREE US

"Looking like that?" Eren scoffed, rolling his eyes at me.

WTF

"You're supposed to be on my side-" I grumbled.

listen we got yelled at enough for sneaking out earlier- i don't need to be given the same lecture again

"Y/N-" Mikasa threatened.

OK OK OK

"In exchange for-" I glanced over at Levi, "an experience- I agreed to let him look around the office- BUT IT WAS AN EVEN EXCHANGE! I GOT A LOT OUT OF IT."

calling it an experience sounds-

weirdly suggestive?

yes-

"What did you-" Eren gasped, his eyes moving wildly between the two of us.

uhoh

"It would be easier to tell the truth," Levi grumbled in exasperation.

"Alright but-"

how do i twist this to make it sound like a positive thing

bc if you really think about it

i allowed levi to look around the office in exchange for- sneaking out and getting yelled at???????

"I traded her information about the Ackerman Duchy," Levi answered calmly before I could say anything, "it was an equal exchange."

is that what we're calling sneaking out and getting yelled at?

"Is he telling the truth?" Mikasa glared down at me.

you know i'm getting a little tired of not being trusted

"Yes- we wouldn't lie," I nodded, glancing over at Levi for help.

"How do we know the information is of equal value?" Eren interrupted.

JUST STOP ASKING QUESTIONS YOU STUPID BOY

"Is the security of the Duchy not of equal value to you?" Levi scowled over at him.

the secret passages really were a huge security risk- did i really badger him into sharing all of that?

"Just believe him Eren- no one will benefit if we continue to argue."

just let us go

"You're just letting him get away with this because you don't want to be yelled at-" Eren fired back, a little more aggressive than before. An odd look of hurt pooling in his eyes.