58. sodalite

our bags are fully packed, eren left with mikasa fifteen minutes ago, the rest of the guards are in training-

"Are you ready?" Levi walked up next to me, staring out at the forest that lay in front of us.

"Are you ready?"

"If you are," he nodded, grip tightening around the small dagger Eren had given him.

"You aren't going to do shit with that," I chuckled, "my body doesn't have the muscles to do anything worthwhile."

i was made for being pretty and making witty comments

"As if you're going to do anything with that," Levi scoffed, glancing at the large sword I had been given. "You don't know the first thing about swords."

well i mean-

"I'm good at watching people fight with them," I shrugged, "but yeah you're right- we're totally fucked if something tries to kill us."

"Cold feet?"

"Of course not," I took a tentative step forward. "Apparently I've died in here once before- this forest can't kill me- I won't let it."

worst comes to worst i throw levi in front of me and run away

you wouldn't do that

i wouldn't do that

"We won't die."

"Say it enough times and it'll come true," I sighed loudly. "Ok- let's go- I'd rather test my odds in the forest than wait around for Mikasa to find us and kill us."

if you think about it we're waaaayyy safer in there

"Shall we?" Levi offered his hand, staring ahead into the darkness.

we shall

"Hold on- I'm in your body right now- I lead, you follow." I grinned, extending my hand, "many a young noble lady has dreamed of being escorted by the Levi Ackerman."

"They can keep on dreaming."

"I'm honored to be the only one you've offered to escort then," I took a deep breath, steeling myself as we began to walk forward. "Do it again when we've switched back, it'll have more impact."

"I would've thought that you would be overjoyed that the gorgeous Y/N L/N offered to escort you into the woods?" Levi teased.

OK WELL

"It's a little out of character for me, don't you think? Wasn't I more interesting as a mysterious noble lady? Be honest- my allure has worn off the more you've gotten to know me."

"Fuck no."

"Really?" I chuckled, "I think I'm perfect in every way but I'm sure most of the people in the capital would disagree with you-"

it took effort to turn the girl who's only playmates were knights into a proper lady

im sure my tutors would faint if they could see me now

that's alright

"I've known you for how many fucking years and never seen you really smile?" Levi scoffed, "yeah, I prefer you like this, you're much more tolerable when you're yourself."

"That was almost cute," I cooed. "I think you're also forgetting that up until very recently I hated your guts- that's why you didn't see my smile."

"Whatever."

"-but if we're being vulnerable with each other- I was a lot more honest with you than anyone else- I was just honest in hating you."