30. howlite

Dinner had concluded- awkwardly at best.

NOT MY FAULT

isabel and kuchel were staring at levi and i the entire time-

I KNOW WE'RE FAKE DATING BUT I REFUSE TO INTERRUPT MY MEAL TO PRETEND TO BE IN LOVE WITH A BODY STEALER

-and now Levi and I were walking back to his office in complete silence.

farlan was utterly unhelpful throughout dinner

IF NOT FOR ME HE COULD'VE HELPED LEVI

we need to escape this house as soon as possible-

wait wasn't there something important-

RIGHT

"Levi we have something to talk about," I broke through the silence that had fallen over us the minute the two of us made our escape from the dining room.

alone preferably

"You're terrifying," he frowned, "alright, make it quick I have work to do."

oh wow

"It's actually exactly about that," I opened the door to his office, pushing him into the room. "Why do you work so much?"

if you give my body eye bags i'm going to murder you

"Unlike you I have shit to do," he brushed off my comment, frowning at me. "Why do you care?"

well i didn't care THAT much

but then isabel and farlan were really shady about it

and ever since then it has been my business

"Why shouldn't I care?" I shrugged, "it's my body you're in, I don't want you running it into the ground."

"Once again, I have shit to do, that doesn't change, even in this body."

"Well couldn't you be a little more conscious of all the work I put into my skin- you're ruining it," I grumbled, studying my features. "You should see about hiring another aide to help with your work, Farlan could also use the break."

I KNOW YOU HATE ME BUT

HAVE PITY ON YOUR STAFF

THEY DO TOO MUCH FOR YOU

"Sure," he murmured, unconvincingly.

wow

"Can you listen to me for a second- I'm actually serious about this," I frowned, moving closer to him. "Isabel and Farlan got all cagey when I started talking about it."

so im coming to the source

"It's not really your business is it?" Levi's tone got progressively more cold and serious.

well-

"It is my business, I don't want you to kill us because of overwork," I paused, "don't get upset about this I'm just looking out for you."

"When have you ever done that?"

"Ok well- I know my track record is less than stellar but at the very least you can have faith in my complete and utter adoration for myself."

reasoning with him isn't going to happen is it?

"I don't need more help," Levi appeared to relax a bit, "stop pushing."

now why on earth would you say that

"Levi-"

"Go to bed."

"You're going to stay up?"

"I have shit to do."

"EXACTLY- IF YOU EMPLOYED ONE MORE PERSON YOUR WORK COULD BE CUT IN HALF."

it's stupid to do everything by yourself

"Fuck off."

"I can ask Ymir and Historia for recommendations-"

"If you're trying to plant someone in my household it isn't going to work."

"Please if I wanted to know more about you I would've already done so."

"If you actually want me to finish early you should leave, you're being distracting."

oh come on

"I thought we were getting closer? Since everyone else seems to be blinded to your defects, I'm here to tell you about them."

isabel and farlan admire him too much to say anything

"I like Isabel and Farlan, and they're overworked as is," Levi remained silent as I spoke, staring at a random painting on the wall as to avoid my gaze. "You're being so immature, you could at least consider what I have to say."

"What the fuck do you know about me?" He broke his silence, still glaring daggers at the wall.

"What?" I scoffed, "that's a stupid question I know quite a lot about you."

"Bullshit."

"Having lived in your body for a few weeks I'm pretty confident in that," I grumbled.

"I lived an entire lifetime before this happened- you don't know shit."

"I think I understand," I grumbled, "even you understand what it's like to be me now."

"As if I could ever understand half the shit that goes through your head."

"Aww, so you finally admit that I'm smarter than you?"

"Fuck no."

"It was worth a try," I sighed, "listen, I'm not going to get distracted from the conversation we're having so you might as well give me a straight answer."

if you have a good reason i'll give up

"I don't want to talk to you about this," Levi turned to me for the first time in a minute, "give it a break."

"Please?"

"What would you know about what I've been through?" He shook his head, scowling at me.

"Try me, I'm not an idiot."

"Clearly you're blind dumbass."

"I'm serious- maybe I do know what you've been through."

as the heir of another prominent household i'm sure we've suffered through similarly boring lectures

"I'll give up on forcing you to work with other people if you just give me one reason," I continued to ramble on, picking up on his hesitation.

right now it just feels like you're being a bully

who is that directed at-

the two people in this room

"Don't get weird about it."

"What do you mean by that?" I grumbled, "you know that my body physically rejects feeling sympathy for you."

"We're alike in that way."

"Aww- I could've been certain that the other day in the carriage you felt genuinely upset for me."

"I thought we had agreed to forget about shit like that."

"Well- only until it's convenient," I continued, "don't worry about something dumb like that- my opinion of you isn't going to get any worse."

it's already at rock bottom

"You're a fucking idiot."

"I suppose there are fools who would think that."

"If you say anything stupid I'm going to make you leave the room."

"Alright."

"Then-"

____________________

my favorite time of the week <3

gemstone for this week reminded me of howl's moving castle hence the gif <3

- aAaaaaaami