27. tourmaline

"Did anything feel different?" Levi had been questioning me for the past 10 minutes regarding how I felt while invisible.

"Levi- everything was the same- I've already told you this."

i couldn't even tell until i looked in the mirror

"It's necessary," he rolled his eyes at me, quickly writing a short note.

hold on what does that say-

"You aren't going to let me read?" I frowned leaning over the desk to get a better look- "Wait- 'Y/N becomes slightly more tolerable when wearing it? You're such an asshole."

i can't believe i ever apologized to him

"At least I'm not insufferable- get away idiot you're invading my space-"

YOU SHOULD BE HONORED

"Oh? And here I thought that you were in love with yourself?" I narrowed my eyes, reaching for the notebook, "let me fix it, I don't trust you."

"OH? And I'm supposed to trust you?" Levi raised an eyebrow, grabbing my wrist.

"Well natura-"

"Oh my," a gasp cut me off.

HUH

"What did I tell you, Kuchel? I saw them hugging in the garden too."

WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY HOW

"You saw no-" Levi's grip on my wrist tightened, "OW LEVI STOP IT-"

"Don't deny it- can you stick to the plan for once in your life," he hissed under his breath, his hand finding mine.

this is so unbearably uncomfortable

"Oh my god-" a short girl with auburn hair, who I could only assume was Isabel, gaped at the two of us.

i guess this is happening now-

"Dar-ling," I enunciated each syllable, trying my best not to glare at Levi, "you haven't introduced me-"

this was your plan asshole

"Too much dumbass," Levi muttered through his smile, "this is Isabel Magnolia, I believe you've met before."

suffer the consequences

"Oh right-" I forced a smile, beaming over at her. "It's lovely to meet you once again."

if she's as talented as farlan it won't be a bad idea to be nice

she's presumably just as uselessly devoted as farlan

i can't say that i see the appeal of levi ackerman at all

"Wow," she murmured, walking closer to the two of us. "the Duchess was right, you really have switched." Isabel grabbed my face, "you really are in big bro's body."

her hands are so rough-

"It's a pleasure to meet you Isabel," I shook Levi's hand off of mine, reaching for hers, "I'm Lady Y/N, disregard anything Levi had told you in the past, he's a liar."

"Oh," she frowned, glancing over at Levi behind me, "he wouldn't do that."

HOW DOES LEVI FIND THESE PEOPLE

"Y/N is perfectly fine, and she's a guest, treat her well," Kuchel spoke up, shooting Levi and I a questioning look.

"She's right," Levi nodded.

LOOK MORE ENTHUSIASTIC

she totally hates me-

at least farlan lets me talk shit about levi

"Alright then," Isabel looked back at me with a wide smile stretching over her features, "I never thought that Levi would actually start dating someone."

THAT WAS FAST

"Isn't it hard to believe?" I murmured in agreement.

luckily its a lie

i think half of my insults will disappear if he starts dating someone

that might just kill me

"Y/N-" Levi warned, glaring at me.

"What's wrong dearest? You look so sad," I turned to him, caressing his cheek.

"Shut the fu-"

"LEVI-" Isabel shrieked, cutting him off, "that's your girlfriend."

OK I FEEL LIKE SHE'S ON MY SIDE

i genuinely think i could convince her to leave him for me

i hope so anyway

"Exactly Levi, you're supposed to be nice to me."

i love her

"You two are cute," Kuchel muttered, smiling, "how long has this been happening?"

oh-

"A year," Levi lied without hesitation.

THAT'S YOUR MOTHER

"Right," I nodded, my gaze focused on Levi, "a year."

ISN'T THAT KINDA A LONG TIME

"I assume your father has also been kept in the dark about this?" Kuchel turned to me, her eyes piercing.

i don't think i can lie to your mom levi

i might explode

she's terrifying when she wants to me

"No one knows," I paused, struggling to maintain my composure, "Levi and I both have reputations to uphold."

my reputation of absolutely hating his ass

"If anything happens it's best for both of our families that the relationship isn't public," Levi provided a more logical answer.

if levi and i actually were a thing it would end up being an issue

at the very least i don't think my father would be happy about it

levi is too strongly aligned with the royal family

"Isn't that a little depressing?" Isabel frowned.

so true

"Levi and I are the heirs of our respective houses, it's not as simple as we would want it to be," I sighed dramatically, "but neither of us want to get in the way of each other's futures, that's just how devoted we are to each other."

the actual truth is that i could care less about levi's future

but i need him to be ok until we get this whole body thing figured out

then we can go back to normal

and yet-

i feel a little sad thinking about that

"Never count on any of your plans," Kuchel shot me a comforting smile, "you'd be surprised."

well- it was never my plan to be in this body in the first place so

"Wouldn't that be nice?"

_____________

BREAK IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER

- ami