62. zoisite

"Hello?" I called out as we neared the door, hanging back slightly while Levi knocked.

it's impressive

"Is she home?" Levi frowned slightly, peering back the way we had come.

i hope so

"Her house is awesome," I grinned, taking in the treehouse, blanketed in flowering vines.

i love it

"Is she still alive?" Levi muttered, peering in through one of the windows.

"Of course she is," I knelt down to pick up Mr. Squid who was waiting patiently by the door, "otherwise how would this guy be alive?"

he's clearly tame

"There isn't anyone inside," Levi sighed, turning back to me.

"Then we'll have to wait- she'll be here eventually- I know it."

she has to

"I fucking hope so-" Levi was cut off by the sudden sound of footsteps climbing the stairs up to the treehouse.

oh my god

"Levi-" I whispered, moving to get closer to him, suddenly anxious about the kind of person we were going to meet.

"It'll be ok," he nodded at me, hand finding mine naturally.

oh

We saw her before she saw us, a young woman with brown hair who couldn't have been much older than the two of us.

that must be her- hanji zoe

Mr. Squid leapt from my arms before either of us could say something, purring loudly as he rubbed up against her legs.

goodbye my prince

"What have you brought me this time?" She chuckled, her eyes widening in recognition as she saw Levi and I.

hi

"A L/N," she sighed loudly, closing the distance between us, "to what do I owe the pleasure?" Before either of us could answer she brushed past us, pushing open the door, "you seem like you have a lot to say, come inside."

as expected- she doesn't exactly seem thrilled to see me

"We're in this together," Levi muttered, nudging me forward.

i'd hope so

"Together," I echoed, taking the first steps into the house. Immediately I was hit with the smell of hundreds of dried medicinal herbs that were hung from her ceiling. Hanji Zoe's house was warm and crowded, shelves upon shelves were covered with books, the table she was hurriedly tidying was covered in notes on all manner of things related to the forest, Levi's gaze was trained on a large work table where some kind of potion was in the process of getting made.

i understand why my father called her a witch-

"I didn't expect you to make it here," Hanji made no move to hide her displeasure at our appearance, "it appears that this one," her gaze flicked to Mr. Squid, "had other plans."

THANK YOU MR. SQUID !!

"Will you please hear us out? I promise it'll be worth it," I dug in my bag for the cookies the maids had packed for us.

"It will take more than cookies to get my help," she paused, looking them over, "but I suppose I can spare some time to listen, sit- both of you."

thank god