28. peridot

"How long until we leave?" I pestered Levi, sitting curled up in an armchair while I watched him work.

im going to die of boredom if im forced to sit in this room and watch you scribble for another day

"I have work to do," he frowned, glancing up at me, "and they aren't entirely convinced."

GAHHH

"So? Another week?"

GIVE ME AN ACTUAL TIME

"Until you can think of a way to convince them we're stuck here," Levi sighed loudly, "I'm actually doing something unlike you."

"Well it's not like I can do anything I want to," I grumbled, "there are too many people here who know you."

I WANT TO SIT IN THE GREENHOUSE WOOING YOUR MOTHER

"No shit dumbass," he rolled his eyes, going back to ignoring me.

you are so unhelpful

"I'm cursing you out in my mind."

"I know."

"Fuck you."

A long pause.

"Actually don't respond to that-"

"You sure?" He looked up at me with a wide shit eating grin.

YEAH I MEAN IT

"Die."

"If you want to do something just do it," he muttered, his eyes never leaving the paper he was reading.

oh

you're going to live to regret that

i will personally make sure of it

"For a second there I felt the urge to thank you," I laughed, standing up from the seat I had been decaying in, "in that case I am going to leave this room."

"Good riddance."

"Are you absolutely certain about this?"

"Fuck off."

"Alright then," I cooed, waving goodbye as I shut the door behind me.

that was a really dumb decision on your part levi ackerman

"Does he think I've become docile or something?" I muttered, leaning against the door for a second, "what an idiot."

I MEAN CLEARLY HE HASN'T SO WHY WOULD I

Earlier that day at breakfast the bastard had purposefully given me a kind of tea that I absolutely despise.

i know it was on purpose because he couldn't help but laugh when he filled up a second cup

levi ackerman doesn't laugh

he only cruelly cackles at my misfortune

"Lady Y/- bIG BRO-" a voice that had become increasingly familiar over the past few days called out from down the hall.

good save isabel

"Isabel," I beamed, running up to her, "just the person I was looking for."

she's the cutest

"Really?" She gasped, linking her arm with mine, "I thought you were spending time with Levi-" her voice lowered to a whisper when she said his name.

honestly she's doing a better job at concealing the whole body swapping thing than either of us

"Well you know-"

"You got bored of him didn't you-" she frowned a bit, her expression becoming downcast.

bored is putting it lightly

but she would be sad to hear that

wouldn't she?

"Not bored just-" I struggled coming up with a word that wasn't negative, "I wanted to talk to you, that's all."

"Really?" Isabel repeated, this time a little more incredulously.

JUST BELIEVE ME

"I mean- after all you know Levi so well- I could really learn a few things from you."

"Aren't you two dating?" She cocked her head in confusion.

i cannot lie to women </3

"We are," I paused, my brain running one million miles a minute to come up with a semi decent excuse, "you've been with him since the two of you were children, and Levi doesn't really like talking about his childhood so I was wondering if you could-" I trailed off.

i would love to hear every embarrassing moment in excruciating detail

"Oh," she stopped walking, turning to me, "if that's what you want to hear about we should totally find Farlan."

ALRIGHT

"Really? You'll tell me- I figured that you might want to protect Levi from embarrassment."

"Embarrassment? Levi has always been really cool!" She cheered, dragging me down the hall towards what I assumed was Farlan's location.

I FORGOT THAT EVERYONE HERE WAS HOPELESSLY DEVOTED

HOW HAS HE BRAINWASHED ALL OF THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE

WHEN WILL THEY BE FREED FROM THIS CRUEL CURSE

"You wanted to hear about Levi's childhood?" Farlan, Isabel, and I were all seated in a random reception room.

farlan knows that levi and i are only pretending to be in a relationship

i assume he'll put an end to this

he knows the truth <3

"Of course, I want to know everything about the man I'm in love with," I cupped my cheeks as if I was blushing, Isabel squealed, totally convinced by the act.

IM SORRY BABYGIRL

I HATE TO DO THIS TO YOU

but i have my priorities

"You should probably ask him about that-" Farlan frowned, shaking his head at me when Isabel wasn't looking.

DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME

"But-" I looked pitifully over at Isabel.

"Farlan you're being such a stick in the mud," she grumbled, turning her attention towards me. "Where should we start? I can tell you all about the time Levi saved Farlan and I from a bunch of bandits, or the time that he killed a bear that was going to attack one of the maids, or-"

HOLD ON

"LEVI DID THAT?"

"Well of course," Isabel grinned, already launching into a story about how Levi defended the Duchy from hostile takeover by a distant relative.

"I should let you know that this is all from a make-believe game the three of us played when we were younger," Farlan added, pouring himself a cup of tea.

"LEVI PLAYED MAKE BELIEVE?"

"Yes."

"Of course! I have a lot of stories, which would you like to hear?" Isabel chirped.

DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE

"We have all the time in the world, I would like to hear all of them."

_______________

THANK GOD FOR BREAK !!!

- ami