49. amazonite

"I'm so hot," I muttered, staring at Levi as he entered the dining hall for breakfast the next morning.

like... wow...

"Stop drooling."

"Can't help it- I'm stunning," I leaned forward, staring over at him, "you're lucky I love myself."

"Yeah right," Levi rolled his eyes, taking a seat across from me. "That brat keeps on following me around."

AHAHH

"Eren?"

"Yeah, so much for helping you make up," he poked at the food in front of him.

"He probably has nothing better to do," I shrugged, "that or Mikasa hasn't found him yet so he's staying with you to delay the inevitable."

"The inevitable?"

"She's going to curb stomp him."

"Wow."

"I'm supposed to put in a good word- but-"

"But?"

"I figure while she's laying into him we can try and find those records we need."

we should get AT LEAST an hour

"What's going to stop her from laying into us?"

"Stealth and secrecy," I whisper yelled over at him, beaming. "There will be other guards but it shouldn't be hard to get them out of the way."

armin, jean, connie, and sasha- they shouldn't be a problem at all

"You're terrifying."

"Thank you," I gave an overexaggerated bow, "let's finish our breakfast and drop Eren off- while there I'll ask one of the others to accompany me to the storehouse under the guise of digging out my baby portraits-"

and then at some point we convince them to stand outside and watch!

this feels like an oversimplification

the more you think about it the harder it gets

"Why the fuck are your portraits in the same place as highly classified documents."

"Oh Levi- I fear your head was too far up your ass to notice- but when we were younger I was an angel."

"Bullshit- I knew you- you chased other children around with frogs."

"And you were scared," I chuckled at the memory. "Is that why you hate me? Because I played with frogs? I was an adorable child."

"If frog terrorism is adorable I'm sure you were," he muttered dryly. "I had better things to do as a child."

"You were kinda weird as a kid," I frowned, trying to remember, "your mother is totally normal so I have no idea how that happened."

"Bold coming from the frog terrorist."

"You're still weird."

"You're still a fucking terror."

"And I look amazing doing it."

"You were horrible."

"Just because I was 'horrible'- which for the record I wasn't- doesn't mean that I wasn't a totally adorable child," I shook my head at him, "you're just blind to the truth."

"I thought you had some self awareness."

"I am aware that I am and always have been gorgeous."