𝟭 ~ 𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱

i alr wrote this chapter but it did not save i'm going to commit homicide.

along the beach lines stood marui pods.
homes to the villagers on awa'atlu, situated out in the eastern seas off the coast.

this very place was where the sully's had migrated due to an explosive war between the na'vi's and such beings they label sky people.

they have been outrageously grateful at the kind act and sympathy their chief had; instantly protecting them under his wings.

attentions must be on war, the guard must be up in order to protect each other; was what their father had preached before their arrival.
however, the sully children inevitably narrowed their attention onto the metkayina siblings.

the chief's children; the very siblings who had effortlessly captivated their eyes.

with both families partake in family dinners and meetings as father's of the former toruk makto and olo'eyktan, their closeness had increasingly intensified since the passing weeks.

likewise, tsireya; the chief's daughter, has been quite attentive towards the sullys.
glaring at smart remarks and unwanted stares from other fellow metkayina's.

furthermore, she's been with the sully's children ever since daybreak; voicing morals, myths and upcoming trainings.

with the exchange of stories from back home, neteyam's mind helplessly finds itself retreat back to where it once was.
his home.
out of all his siblings, the attachment he engulfs for the forest could possibly be far greater.
he yearns for the muddy grounds, creatures calls.

"speaking of which, where's your brother?"
"wasn't he meant to be here? i overheard your father few days ago." lo'ak's gaze scan along the waterlines, perplexed on the boy's absence.

was it not his duty to become a well mannered future chief?

"he's .. busy with something." her gaze swiftly slants up at him, drawing out a stiff smile.
tsireya then instantaneously commutes the ongoing topic from previous, ignoring his odd fixation of ao'nung's absence.

as their previously jumbled concentration averts back onto the girl, the voices act as white noise while neteyam's mind wanders far.
he hadn't caught a clear glimpse of ao'nung since they've been here; which would be approximately around a few weeks, going onto a month.

well, the only times neteyam would see the metkayina heir is during the darkest of nights.
ao'nung would be sneaking from pod to pod.
neteyam couldn't fathom what the boy was doing at odd hours at night.

he knows it's none of his business.
he knows, but something in him says otherwise.
just how childish is the metkayina heir?
that comprehension level is yet to be obtained.

as hours pass by and darkness flows straight to their sight, tuk had been leaning into kiri as drowsiness possesses her.

at this point and time it had only been both lo'ak and tsireya who were exchanging words and thoughts, allowing them to lay in front.

the other three siblings had evidently gotten into a state of weariness as tuk is now silently snoozing by kiri's shoulder, snuggling against it.

"i'm.. going to head back. i'm getting tired." neteyam vocalises getting out of his trace whilst his eyes stay glued to the woven mate beneath the group.

he stretches his legs, groaning at the ache at the thighs and allowing lassitude to rush over him.
neteyam then proceeds to turn his heel towards their marui pod.

"we're coming with.." kiri voices calmly since an asleep tuk is still in her arms, running a widened palm across the youngest sully's inclining back.

not too far from him, a sudden silhouette in the shadows appear in his peripheral, instantly striking neteyam's inquisition.
ahh...
there goes the aforementioned individual,
tip toeing away from yet another pod.

once neteyam centralises on the boy, the tenebrosity induces a squint from his eyes as it heeds ao'nung's blurred figure.

a scowl presents itself across the older omaticaya, questions dominate his judgement.

"he's staying with her again." a scoff vacates from the roof of kiri's mouth as her pupils stay on the pair, hooking in neteyam's as well while both discreetly observe movements; body language.

"no surprise, he fancy's her too much." his head sways in incredulity and a curl up by the lips.

additionally, burbles of tides clashing itself onto the sandy grounds and dancing of trees heightens its calling in their eardrums, subtly taking over a comforting silence standing between the two.

the older boy's gaze run back to the very spot he had seen the chief's son, now seeing nothing but pitch darkness in the shadows.
he must've gotten back home.

on their way back to the marui pod that they've been staying at, neteyam's mind had undoubtedly occupied itself with images of ao'nung from afar.
even if neteyam wanted those gone, visuals would always find its way back.

it's become a habit at this point.

"where's your brother?" his father instantly voices at the sight of his three children's presence.
"he's with reya." his daughter mutters monotonously, syndicating her attention on tuk while laying her into neteyam's bed.

jake makes a groan apparent, unable to fathom on what his youngest son could be doing with the chief's daughter during these odd hours of night.

neteyam then slowly inserts his fatigued frame beside tuk who subconsciously nuzzles into the boy's chest routinely.
his gaze softens, inching away from his focus on ao'nung and giving a glance down to tuk.

a soft smile makes itself apparent, the feeling of warmth ignites within him at the endearing sight.
a sight that's been within his reach every night.

momentarily, neteyam pulls the disordered cloak over the two of them and stretching out his arm, enveloping around to his youngest sister's back.

"night, teyam." kiri mumbles from her own cloak, situated not far from neteyam.
"night." he whispers a response managing his chin to be tucked near tuk's temple and lowering his head down on the comfort.

as carefully as he's able, neteyam gracefully falls into deep sleep as music-like snores from the youngest sully rings into his surround along with cackling of a miniature fire pit by his parents.

i fell asleep mid writing can you tell how tired i am of everything rn