𝟭𝟲 ~ 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗲𝘆𝘄𝗮

YALL MY TIKTOKS ARE FLOPPING SO FKING MUCH PLS HELP
@/ngatiqel

ever since ao'nung had gotten into the pod, no words had come out through his throat.
the feeling of the world coming to an end had suffocated him as his gaze stays glued on the boy.

"what happened?!"
rotxo exclaims, just coming in not long ago.
"lo'ak and tsireya found him by the waters." kiri summarises the situation as ears have gone droopy, holding her fists together tightly.

rotxo's ears fold in fear as the growth in worry heightens itself.

with ao'nung examining the peaceful complexed boy, he had noticed puffed eyes; yet again and the memories from yesterday come flooding back.
he couldn't do anything again.
it's so simple.
why cant i just be there for him, stupid.

ao'nung undeniably scoffs at himself silently, still listening into what the others are spouting.

"why was he there anyway?!" jake furrows, as he allows the waves of anger, frustration and concern run over him.
as if it were about to explode.

"was he not with you?" his eyes dag at ao'nung who's head finally lifts up to the father.
"he was gone when we had woken up."
ao'nung's voice comes out hoarse-like from the long period of not being in use.

a scratching lump infiltrates into his throat as soon as jake groans out of frustration.
if only he had been there,
none of this would've happened.

thing was, no one understood what had really occurred by that water bank.
however, as time had gone by, the others needed to leave for their own reason; leaving both the metkayina siblings there beside neteyam.

"did you do something to him..?" she quietly speaks, hoping it wouldn't come out as offensive.
"what? of course not. why would i do anything to him?!" ao'nung immediately scowls at his sisters terrible assumption.

to her surprise, it very much came out offensive to ao'nung; resulting in her eyes averting back onto neteyam and his bare chest that's rising and falling ever so slowly.

"reya.."
he breaths.
it's now or never.

"i.. i don't know what to do anymore."
he whimpers, becoming afraid of everything.
everything of the unknown.

"what do you mean?"
she tilts her head slightly, placing a palm on ao'nung's forearm and allowing a squeeze to lighten.

it was too late before he realises the chin quivers and thin tears to stream down his cheeks as a deep breath occurs, now eyeing her.
"i think like him reya. and - and i'm terrified."
a hiccup pronounces itself through his body, shutting his eyes.

"there's no reason to be scared ao." she coos with a frown, immediately embracing the boy against her shoulders.

at the confusing contact of a loved one, he releases every tear there ever was.
faint sobs could be heard outside the pod as ao'nung wraps his arms around tsireya, squeezing tightly.

it's definite she couldn't breathe and literally suffocating but that didn't matter.
what matters is how she will comfort her brother from these irking emotions.

"it's okay, ao. let it all out" she slightly chuckles, glad to see that ao'nung still had those emotions within him.

the siblings stay there for a couple moments while ao'nung's overwhelming emotions slowly eases itself, letting go from her before his eyes land back onto neteyam.

"i still don't know what to do reya. i'm scared of losing him. i never got the chance-"
"you will get that chance. you need to have hope brother." she furrows in determination, rubbing his shoulders.

a harsh puff escapes his lips, slumping in his seat.
the more ao'nung looks at neteyam, both his mind and heart begins to race frantically as his body begin to overshoot every movement.

it's clear that adrenaline had taken over and he truly enjoys such feeling caused by neteyam.
he wasn't sure of much but what he does know is how deeply he had fallen for the boy.

"you think he'll wake soon..?" his ears perk up, hitting against high hopes, gazing at tsireya who nods with a content smile.
"he's probably gone tired. you did say teyam had been quite tired recently."
she reminds him of the occurrence in that caved in rock, the intimacy, the ear touches.

"yeah.. you're right.."

as a few days have passed, ao'nung hadn't been able to sleep with the constant worry about neteyam not waking soon.
it's to the point where he would beg his parents to stay with him.

but to his disappointment, they denied every, single, time.
alas, that brings him by the shore below the moon light.
every night that he couldn't sleep or even feel icky and the feeling of sobbing his heart out rushes over him, this is where ao'nung would go.

while sitting by the shore, his tail lowly sways and ears droopy.
at this point, his eye bags have gone darker than ever.
"mother eywa.." ao'nung prays, sitting on his ankles and fists clamped together.
"please.. teyam.. wake."

at that very moment, sobs could be heard coming from the boy.
the very boy who did not believe in love.
did not believe in same sex relationships nor believed neteyam would be any good for him.

with ao'nung begging for mercy upon neteyam, the sun begins to creep up onto him;
and ever so slowly, after every step back to his family pod, it had grown heavier and heavier.

the energy he once had vanished within thin air.
he didn't want to eat, sleep nor even do such duties that had been placed on him; the heir.

regardless of what ao'nung thinks about not wanting sleep, his body immediately shut down as soon as his head hits the pillow; emitting the same old snores tsireya had gotten used to.

snores that becomes ear-raping to the sensitive ears, such sound should not be possible for na'vi's

considering how ao'nung's body had given out, his consciousness kept him awake every so often.
since he's gotten comfortable, ao'nung just wanted to sleep.
stay asleep until something- perhaps a miracle occurs with neteyam.

1012 wc

super short my apologies but i've got a lengthy chapter on my oneshot; ocean drops ;)