𝟭𝟰 ~ 𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

THAT 9HR NAP WAS NEEDED OMFG

neteyam had been sat in that caved in rock for a few hours or so, just silently staring into the ocean; occasionally letting out sobs along with deep breaths.
even though he had tried to think, nothing would come. he's exhausted his body for way too long.

at this point, the na'vi feels rather fatigued. over himself, over ao'nung and absolutely everything.

as of currently, the sky had gone dim every time his eyes would fall upon the sky with consciousness between dazing off into eywa knows what.

to his surprise, none of his siblings had come here nor his parents.
neteyam wasn't exactly sure if he should be glad or worried but either way, he needed this time to himself for even a moment.
he enjoyed it very much.

however, throughout his lonesome time, he ended up on his stomach, facing towards the ocean and chin propped up by his folded arms.

regardless of how many times he's sobbing and stopped, he feels a little better.
just in need of sleep.
well, neteyam could always fall asleep here but he knows he must return before the sky becomes complete darkness.

once neteyam props himself up against the rocky walls, the feeling of knees trembling causes a sigh of acceptance.
the boy's physical state has enervated as time has gone by and not once did he even notice.

at that moment, he's completely accepted his fate; momentarily shutting away from the urging languor and the minute an exhale escapes, he's gone out cold; emitting soft snores.

despite what neteyam had assumed; the others not bothered by his disappearance, ao'nung had been worried sick, completely blaming himself for not trying to understand the boy as soon as he could.

"where's teyam?" ao'nung nudges over to tsireya who's minding her business with eating at the table alongside others.

but to his expectations, she shrugs.
why was i expecting her to know-

from the view of the sky in a darkened state, he knows neteyam hadn't eaten yet.
he had to at least bring him something to munch on.
the heir had been searching everywhere all over awa'atlu; from the deepest of the grounds to the highest but no sight.

while standing on a heightened level at the village, ao'nung physically face palms with the other hand holding onto a bowl of food.

why didn't he think of it sooner?
since he had been trying to locate neteyam, his mind wasn't exactly intact; with all the running back and forth in the mind.

as soon as ao'nung had gotten an idea where he might've been, the realisation of his parents puts his whole body into stiffness.
if they find out their eldest vanished, i'm fucked.

of course, he blames himself considering how close he's been getting with the boy.
but nonetheless, ao'nung quickly makes it over the rocks and past the stubby grounds along the village, not caring how his vision has been distorted by overtaking dimness.

as soon as the boy reaches through and into the caved in rock, his vision had been adjusted at this point.
the first thing ao'nung comes upon is a peaceful looking neteyam as his steps soften towards him.

once his steps come close to him, his eyes widen.
neteyam's eyes have gone extremely puffy, as if the tear streams could still be seen all over his bloated cheeks.

without thinking, ao'nung kneels down before neteyam, placing down the bowl of food and immediately wrapping his arms around the boy.

the forest na'vi then shocks awake at the sudden embrace, exhaling a confused gasp.
it takes the boy a few moments to completely register what was occurring before he slumps into ao'nung. not sure where to put his arms so he just leaves it as it is.

from his touch and the reminder of his conversation with rotxo causes a quiver in the chin.
despite a deepened breath that had unintentionally come out shaky, the tears begin to bubble by the edge of his eyes beside the metkayina heir's ear.

immediately, ao'nung unwraps the boy, taking a good look at neteyam who had averted his gaze elsewhere as a hand reaches up to his cheek, cupping it and a thumb caressing.

"here, i brought you food. you need to eat."
a whisper escapes between the heir's lips, passing over the bowl and taking a seat beside neteyam.

while neteyam grabs onto the bowl whilst staring down at it, he starts to bring the spoon filled into his mouth as slight sniffles occur.
with dreading silence taking over, ao'nung wasn't sure what to say.
or even how to say.

don't say anything. let him be for now.
stop thinking too into it stupid.

such thoughts occur within ao'nung's peace of mind, conducting self battling.

neteyam takes his time munching on the food and essentially finishes it, placing the bowl beside him and a harsh deep breath leaves.
at that moment neteyam leans his head on the boy's shoulder, ultimately stiffening him.

"i'm tired." neteyam quietly vocalises.
despite the quietness, all neteyam could hear is his own heart thumping out of his chest.

he couldn't himself; the gesture, the presence, all of ao'nung makes him feel fuzzy and he wasn't sure why.
despite what ao'nung's thoughts are on same sex bonds, he just enjoyed his company regardless.

"do you want to head back?" ao'nung comes quiet, now leaning his cheek against the boy's head with a nod brushing past his skin.

"c'mere." ao'nung starts, turning around and now in a squat as neteyam tilts his head in confusion.

"didn't you say you were tired?" the heir chuckles, causing the boy to roll his eyes into a small breathy smile before getting on ao'nung's back.

while ao'nung slowly makes his way down the same pathway, his mind lingers.
"what's wrong teyam?" the eager to assist the boy's troubles could been heard through his voice with a furrow of concentration spread.

"nothing." neteyam mumbles in the crook of the boy's neck, putting all his head weight on ao'nung's shoulder.

"no, there's definitely something wrong."
"it's really nothing. emotions just came at me i don't know.." a weak sigh leaves neteyam as the two fall back into comforting silence.

"well.. what ever happens, i'll be here." ao'nung clenches his jaw, not used to saying such words and cringing at himself.
but he truly meant that;
he just hopes neteyam knows that.

"thanks." neteyam giggles, causing a smile curl up on the heir's lips, averting his gaze down onto the floor, still consciously careful of where he's stepping.

as soon as they've returned back into the village, neteyam had fallen asleep along the way.
without thinking, ao'nung enters into his family's pod where there had been no sight of his parents nor tsireya.

once he's inside, he carefully lays neteyam back into his own bed and giving himself deja vu at the familiar scene.
as if it were meant to be, ao'nung pulls the cover over the two of them and snuggles up against the boy as neteyam does the same while going in and out of sleep occasionally.

ao'nung then exhales a deep breath against the boy's temple, enjoying such innocent skinship.
at that moment he just knew.
he knew this was what he needed and wanted.

1221 wc

haven't finished a chap in one sitting in awhile but here u lovelies go, ty for the patience😭