𝟭𝟬 ~ 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗶 𝘀𝗮𝘆?

i'm attached to ao'nung js

a few days have gone by and the two boys haven't interacted as much considering how ao'nung has gone on with his busy days that neteyam might have some clue on.
as for neteyam, he had been taking care of tuk while the other sully's are occupied with other things, per usual.

neteyam likes days like these; peace and quiet with the balance of sun rays and cool breeze outside the marui.
everything seemed a little too calm though.

that's when a huffing tsireya booms into the sully's marui pod, slightly sending neteyam's soul to ascend.
"eywa! what's wrong?!" he exclaims, heavy breaths leaving his throat.

"lo'ak — my brother — at it —" she tries to explain through harsh breaths, trying to catch her breath by pushing her palm on the knee.

neteyam's eyes widen at the news, remembering what he had told ao'nung during the dinner.
"stay here with tuk, i'll go." he commends before rushing out of the pod, leaving tsireya and tuk.

"are they fighting??" tuk questions the girl who's taking a seat in a slump, nodding at the younger sully.

the oldest sully hadn't got a clue where they might've been but it was easy to detect their whereabouts considering the loud commotions.
once his eyes land on both lo'ak and ao'nung who's now on each other and beating the shit out of another, anger rushes over him.

"lo'ak!" he yells, running towards the two.
instantly, neteyam separates the tired boys, glaring at ao'nung.

"what the fuck happened?!" his voice grew stern.
"it's the skxawng's fault!" lo'ak huffs, pushing himself off of the sandy grounds and stepping backwards.

"he punched me first" ao'nung eyes up at the infuriated boy with a smirk, licking his blood painted lips.
"he wouldn't do that shit for nothing." neteyam spits, gaze now falling onto ao'nung's friends who stood there, all bruised up.

"i can't even look at your face right now." neteyam groans into a mumble, walking off whilst dragging lo'ak by the arm.
"why don't you throw a punch at me, huh princess?" ao'nung taunts while the other metkayina's snickering enters neteyam's ears.

but he knows he shouldn't; by jake's orders.

the oldest sully continues to walk back to the sully's pod with lo'ak squirming excuses and reasoning of the fight but neteyam doesn't listen until they finally arrive at the marui pod.
once inside the pod, tuk worriedly looks at lo'ak, examining his injuries before tsireya huffs.

"we should let them have privacy.." tuk warns tsireya in a whisper and she gives her a confused look, tilting her head.
"neteyam's mad. we don't want to be in the middle of that." she quietly explains before the two girls rush outside.

leaving the two brothers.
one disoriented,
the other enraged.

"the fuck was that about?" neteyam grits his teeth, letting go of the boy's arm harshly.

"he started-"
"i didn't ask you who started what. i'm asking you what. happened. lo'ak."

lo'ak gulps, afraid this might occur as last time neteyam got mad.
"he called me names because i've been spending time with tsireya. his funny looking friends just kept laughing and it pissed me off, so i just threw a punch."

by the time he had finished explaining the details to neteyam, the boy calmed down by an inch with a deep, harsh sigh.

he knows he shouldn't act out like the previous times. it didn't quite end well for anyone.

"you could've just walked away skxawng." neteyam calmly pursues.
"we're gonna get an earful from pa now. you did it, congrats." he sarcastically mutters as an eye roll takes its presence known.

"brother! we're just friends! why can't you accept that?!" tsireya starts to heighten her voice once tuk had left with kiri, evidently pissed off.

"haven't you and neteyam been getting closer?! this is hypocritical of you!" she starts to pace back and forth ao'nung who's sat in the pod with droopy ears and a knee propped up.

"me and teyam are different from you two." he calmly mutters, gaze still away from his sister.
"how different?! just because you two are guys!!?" at this point, it seems tsireya's anger has reached past the limit.

"yes!" ao'nung furrows, eyes now falling onto tsireya who's puffing out of anger.
"unbelievable!" she walks an inch away, back facing from ao'nung and nearing the exit.

"you've seen how he looked at you! he like likes you sister! the audacity he has-"
"no, you have the audacity to ruin everything!"
"i fucking hate you." she spits, steadying her heart pace before storming out of the pod, leaving ao'nung stunned.

tsireya wasn't the one to use profanity under any sort of circumstance.
rarely anyway.
ao'nung has heard her curse but not directly at him, especially the bold claims.

he didn't know what to do.
tsireya would never have this much hatred towards her brother but;
first time for everything.

perhaps he went too far..?
at this point, ao'nung had gotten agitated by everything and everyone. he had to get away.
get away from any interactions; and so without wasting any seconds, ao'nung arrives at the rock, his secret place.

"txo'i, you think reya's going to stay mad at me..?" his ears fold at the thought, allowing his fingers to dance against his ilu's skin.

"i don't know.. she seems super mad.."
the ilu then clicks in response, causing him to furrow.
"yes i know! that's why i'm out here again. i'm going to give her some space."

"i'm no liar, i speak the truth." he mumbles, nearing the mangrove swamp.

txo'i rolls his eyes with his fins, explaining how they're connected and ultimately, can feel and understand each other internally.

"okay. whatever. now go." he explains, dismounting from txo'i and leaning against the caved in before pushing himself onto the platform.

while the boy situates himself against the rocky wall, his eyes immediately fall onto the darkening sky.
already? he thought.
winter must be coming.

without even trying, his mind lingers along the thoughts and images of neteyam.
neteyam's angry demeanour; a rare sight.
something about that excites the boy.
ao'nung couldn't pin point what that was but it ignites flames within him.

all he knows is the lasting feeling of tumbles inside his stomach. he very much craves that.
it feels too good to let go.

he's used to seeing enraged na'vi's but neteyam.
neteyam being angry was different from the rest, it hit differently; hits deep into his soul.

whatever that may be, he had to shrug it off since txo'i had returned without being called on, explaining how tonowari is asking for him.

fuck.

1109 wc

a super short one my bad😭