𝟳~ 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝘀

i've got too many tabs open in the brain rn

"don't worry about it."
ao'nung grunts at the thought of neteyam being completely clueless.
whatever happens is his own doing.

"you can't just say it like that and expect me to ignore it y'know"
neteyam nudges the boy on the arm, urging to have a clue with what he's on about.

"ask my sister." a monotonous voice adheres quietly and the two fall silent whilst taking the same route from yesterday.

ao'nung couldn't help himself but to steal a glance at the charm; noticing various hanging items.
however, it's the red crystal that took his attention away from the others, furrowing in concentration.

"i don't understand why we have to do this." the metkayina groans, speaking on another topic to distract himself.
"would you let your sister do this?"
"huh- of course not. i'm talking about the warriors. we are literally children."
ao'nung releases a harsh, thick exhale as his gaze immediately falls onto an item.

"we aren't that youn- what?" neteyam perceives a furrow on the boy's cast, turning his focus towards the same direction.

as the two cautiously bend closer to the object, neteyam recognises the piece.
perhaps he's seeing things.

and so, neteyam inches way closer before being stopped by a hand grab on his wrist.
"wait, what if it explodes?"
ao'nung's eyes doesn't leave the seldom article.

"calm down. it's not going to explode."
his eyes roll at the lunacy before reaching out and grabbing ahold of the item as ao'nung's grips onto the boy's wrist even tighter.

"see. it's just a piece of metal."
neteyam places it in the air between the two, observing it closely.

that's when neteyam registers the fact that ao'nung is still holding onto his wrist; clearly occupied by the object himself.
"are you going to let go of me or..."
his eyes avert down and ao'nung does the same, abruptly loosening his fingers.

"but i wonder how it got all the way.. here.." neteyam eyes out the ocean, glaring while his mind adsorbs any possibility.

"the sea current was mad last night.. maybe that's why?" ao'nung tilts his head and looks over the boy's shoulder.
"probably.. i'll show it to my father, maybe he'll know something."

to ao'nung it may seem like an odd piece of metal but to neteyam, there could be many issues if it's what he thinks of.
"let's keep moving."
a clench to the jaw by neteyam as he starts to move with ao'nung following closely.

as the two boys continue walking down the shoreline, nothing had been seen so far and neteyam releases an internal exhale.

"i think we're fine. we've see nothing else other than that metal."

ao'nung nods at the boy's observations, gazing at the ground and wondering how to keep him not go all out crazy.
he couldn't allow that; it's only him here.
if neteyam goes crazy, he'll get attacked.

"you got a girl?" he suddenly blurts out, thinking it's the best question ever in order to change the energy in the air.

"what kinda-"
"just curious, we're friends aren't we?" he quickly layers over neteyam's vowels, gazing at him.

neteyam clenches his jaw before a breath.
"i don't.. do you?"
"nah. i don't do that whole love thing, it's fucked up." ao'nung scowls and attention darts onto the sandy grounds.

"how so?" neteyam's ears perk high and now looking at ao'nung with a sudden growth in curiosity.
"it just is — why don't you have a potential mate yet anyway?"