𝟭𝟴 ~ 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗿𝘆

longer chapter for not updating🤭

as soon as the two metkayina boy's stop right outside of the lit up pod, their eyes widen in sync, appalled at the sight.

xau'n had made her way inside the empty pod with neteyam peacefully resting and now caressing his cheek whilst humming.

immediately, ao'nung scowls at the disgusting sight and was about to lounge himself forward before rotxo stops him.
his grip tightens on the boy's shoulder.

rotxo knew saying words would just alarm the girl so he just shakes his head with a furrow, eyeing the turned back ao'nung who just clicks his tongue.

the longer the two watches everything unfold, the eager ao'nung had gotten to jump in between .

"ao'nung's crazy. he wouldn't even let me see you nete.." she coos, caressing neteyam's forehead and gaze falling onto his complexion.

she's creepy..
rotxo signs, receiving an enthusiastic nod from the older boy.

why did the sully's just leave him by himself here??
ao'nung suddenly signs quite aggressively in which rotxo just shrugs, eyes darting over to the female who's now right behind ao'nung.

a sudden screech escapes the younger boy's mouth, jumping backwards with heavy breaths.
ao'nung tilts his head before he turns around according to rotxo's reaction.

he too stumbled backwards and now beside rotxo.
"you two have no business being here."
she hisses, glaring at ao'nung harder.
"you're one to talk missy."
rotxo sassily groans, eyeing her down.

"look, how about we all just leave teyam alone? he needs to rest without any disturbances."
ao'nung emphasises on the particular issue of xau'n herself.

"what don't you get?! i'm his mate for crying out loud. he's got the necklace i gave him." she scoffs in confidence before rotxo starts snickering, bringing her out of her daydream.

"he's.. not wearing one though? did you perhaps get sand in your eyes?" he covers his mouth to fight the urge to die of laughter as xau'n turns to look at neteyam, noticing the necklace is missing around his neck.

"what'd you do?!" her gaze dart back onto the two, especially on ao'nung who just shrugs.

ao'nung's mind suddenly lingers back to what neteyam— the reason why he's at the state.
it's my fault.
he's most certain that the forest boy did not want to see his face nor anything associated with him and so, through defeat; a heavy sigh falls.

"you know what.."
he starts, bringing their attentions onto him.
"rotxo, we should just go. it's whatever." the older boy starts to drag the younger male by the arm, causing him to question in stammers.

"that's what i thought. now leave me and my mate alone, yeah?" she chuckles, turning back into the pod as rotxo carefully watches her disappear.

"are you seriously just letting go of him? what's changed? you cant tell me all the times you've gushed over him to me were all lies."
the younger boy exclaims, now following ao'nung into the pod they once were.

"i know he doesn't want to see me when he wakes up." he sighs, plopping down back onto the bed.

"and what makes you say that?" rotxo tilts his head, getting himself comfortable.
"i'm the reason why he's been unconscious."

"how so?"

ao'nung couldn't help but groan in frustration, just remembering how rusty the boy's senses are, proceeding to explain everything.
from the beginning and about the recent conversation they two had in front of neteyam.