𝟭𝟮 ~ 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲

keep the cmts coming bbgs they bring the life out of me

REMINDER!
check out my tiktoks ;)
@/ngatiqel

"—let me ask you something. why don't you think two men should bond?"
neteyam composes himself, now sitting up straight beside the flustered boy.

"it's just wrong."
"are you seriously doubting mother eywa..?"
neteyam crooks his brow up at him, giving him a drenching side eye.

"what no. it just.. doesn't make any sense. they can't reproduce or anything so why would mother eywa allow such catastrophe?"
ao'nung eyes the focused forest boy, fidgeting with his own fingers.

"it's not hurting anyone though? it doesn't matter. it's the same with relations between a women and a man, minus the reproduction."

"exactly. no reproduction. no offspring at all, there's no point in being together."
ao'nung grits his teeth, unable to understand such words coming out of neteyam's throat.

"dude.. having children doesn't mean everything in a relationship. haven't you seen hetero's bonding and not having nor wanting children?"

at that specific statement, ao'nung pauses.
that's true..
"ah.. i don't know anymore."
he blurts out.
it's true, ao'nung's mind had been filled with something, perhaps someone, to even function properly on a day to day basis.

the two allow a comforting silence fall between their lips, captivated by each other's presence as well as the falling sky.
"what are you afraid of?"
neteyam suddenly voices, still looking out of the caved in rock; facing away from ao'nung who had found himself unconsciously inch closer.

"that's an odd question."
he sternly composes, starting to feel a shiver about to blanket over his skin.
"we should head back. it looks like it's about to rain." neteyam pushes himself off from the rocky wall while still looking at the gloomy skyline, lightly swaying his tail.

ao'nung was certain he was going crazy at the amount of thoughts that eywa would even widen her eyes at.
despite him knowing himself and the hatred he felt with that mating festival, an inch of the heart craves that.

the undisturbed love he wants to endorse.
considering how ao'nung isn't used to the whole idea of love nor know what the true meaning of it would be;
the only thing he's definite about is the possible interest he feels for the boy.

he wasn't sure when it had all come to him but at first, the boy hated it.
hated it so much he would kill himself rather than see himself with neteyam.

but eventually, ao'nung had slowly grown to find the emotions he feels whenever the boy is in the picture quite endearing.
such feeling goes unmatched with anything;
hatred, envy, despair.

the only thing that's keeping ao'nung stay afloat; sane, is the unbeknownst of the retaliated feelings.
until then, ao'nung would simply enjoy these unknown emotions as day flies by.

that's when the trajectory of neteyam's tail hooks onto ao'nung's gaze, memories of him pulling onto it plasters into his mind.
without thinking, he lightly tugs onto the tail end and a muffled voice escapes the forest na'vi.

ao'nung's eyes widen while ears folded back as neteyam turns around with two hands quickly covering his mouth, evidently flustered.
"you— you know how sensitive the tail is!" he stammers, immediately pulling it back, scowling in embarrassment by how he made that noise.

"interesting.." ao'nung mutters, eyeing the swaying tail behind the boy.
"hurry up! let's go." neteyam quickly heads around the rock, following the rocky paths back to the village, the way they had went through.