𝟮𝟲 ~ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲

long time no see :)

as soon as the metkayina na'vi's step foot into the sully's bubble of mourns, ronal's eyes pierce through the tension; unsure of what to make of it while tonowari had a visible sympathetic expression plastered.

"jake. we will track them down and get your sons back" he sternly voices with such determination submerged within.

jake gulps as tears have yet to fall, nodding with the similar determination in his eyes.
"soon as possible." tonowari nods, reassuring the omaticaya father.

"where were you??" tsireya whispers towards her older brother with a furrow, filled with worry that had accumulated into anger.

"that's not important." was the only words he could mutter.
completely in denial of what had occurred.

with that, both groups of the metkayina's and omaticaya's have made their way into the chief's pod wordlessly, almost resembling soldiers.

while the adults try and come up with a solid plan, that leaves the children silently comprehending everything.
so many questions gone unanswered.

ao'nung assumes everything had gone south due to his own childish and recoiling behaviours towards neteyam.
he uneasily allows thoughts of eywa putting him up the test run around in mind.

from then, what ifs and regrets start to arise with the heir.
ao'nung proceeds to walk out of the pod unannounced without a spoken word as both tsireya and rotxo eyes each other in concern.

and as expected, the two metkayina follows the heir quite loudly.

"ao! where are you going?!" rotxo yells out but no use. ao'nung doesn't turn back around, too busy occupied with the over consuming thoughts.

"ao!" tsireya cries, now fastening their pace to try and catch up with the teary eyed ao'nung.

rapid thumps in the chest heighten from him trying to mentally compress everything caused by all these self sabotaging situations playing out in mind.

he just — wanted to fall asleep forever; away from reality.
away from everything.
everything that had led him up to now had changed his perspective.
alternating from determination to death.

alas, the boy arrives at the shallow waters where not many na'vi's know of.
just a peace of mind type of place.

once his legs had come in contact with the gentle tides, ao'nung collapses on his ass; starting to feel the trembling in his knees.
i cant do this anymore.

ao'nung mindlessly collides his two palms with his face, hoping to hide and forget his own cowardliness and incapability of being a decent person.

a person who didn't know how to express his emotions.

his eyes then start to dance behind him; the way he had come from to expect both tsireya and rotxo finally catching up but rather, they've vanished.

with a harsh sigh, ao'nung looks up into the bright sky with hope lingering in his mind.

even though he wanted to think and reflect on everything, no thoughts come across as words; it's all just jumbled up into unreadable messages to the point where he begins to smack the side of his head in despair.

needless to say, the boy's mind is there yet, not there and that just pisses him off even more regardless of the situation as of now.

suddenly small footsteps could be heard from behind him in which his body turns in alarm only to see tuk's worried expression, causing the boy to relax his stiffen complexion.