𝟭𝟱 ~ 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆

y'all i've been needing to shit my entire shift today GOD HELP ME IM READY TO BURST. AND IM STILL OMW HOME😭😭😭😭

considering how neteyam was possessed with absolute fatigue, his body wakes him in the middle of the night.
when he had woken, his consciousness had come; realising the arms tangled with his were ao'nung's.

as of currently, neteyam had been pacing back and forth right by the marui exit, occasionally stealing glances into the pod and on the boy.
he wasn't sure how or what to make of it.

with the olo'eyktan, tsuhik and tsireya within the pod, he had to keep the volume to a low level.
still, how did the parents not say anything when they saw the two practically snuggling?

perhaps from ao'nung's known thoughts on same sex relationships.
that's probably why..

anyways,
neteyam couldn't wrap his fucked up head around ao'nung's behaviours towards him.
what exactly was ao'nung thinking?
one time he's annoying him,
the next, it's just.. love? affection? care?

at this point, neteyam didn't even want to be breathing. this is way too much for him and he knows that.
however, still drunk off of all the madness within his head, neteyam decides to just completely disassociate from ao'nung.

thats the only thing that can help right now.

and so forth, the omaticaya boy heads back into his family's pod, situating himself comfortably against tuk who had been snoozing away.

despite being with his family though, neteyam couldn't fall asleep on command.
not how he would when in ao'nung's arms.
just gotta get used to it.

the boy had been repeating reminders to himself and the strength of forcing his body to sleep deteriorated him intensely. with falling in and out of sleep, neteyam felt sick;
unable to even grasp onto reality nor the time.

what felt like endless hours, the sun ever so slowly pops up behind the loaded clouds with the early light falling onto neteyam's complexion.

he wanted to go home.

nothing makes sense.
everything hurts.
his mind has gone limp, in shambles.

regardless of the disarray state, neteyam forces himself out of the pod as a whiff of cooling breeze transits through his lungs.
this is nice.
really nice.
a slight breath escapes between his lips as eyes scan along the water village.

despite looking around with the early stages of morning, he seriously didn't know what to do.
none of this makes sense.
oh well.

at that moment, neteyam had decided to venture along the beaches of awa'atlu, perhaps sight see the village; from the rocks to the deepest of seas.

as soon as his heels drag him along the line between the sandy grounds and the body of water, his eyes hasn't left the calmness behind every moment that stands before him.

the waters gently wave at him, immediately curling up a smile on the lips.
taking in the sight, sound, touch and scent of the ocean had unexpectedly bring him into a state of calmness.

it's as if he's gone invincible,
like the world is his oyster.

few hours into neteyam's adventures down the village's outskirts, ao'nung had woken up by tsireya effortlessly shaking his shoulders.
he couldn't help but look to his side once he's gained the consciousness but..

neteyam vanished.
the metkayina heir uncontrollably frowns at the empty space beside him before turning his attention back over to his yawning sister.

"why're you waking me up, for?" he furrows, seeing the unusual sight of being woken up early.

tsireya just sits there, evidently falling asleep soundlessly as her eyelids struggle to keep open.
"reya?" ao'nung lightly taps her knee, eyeing intensely up at tsireya whilst being propped up by his elbow.

"ah- happy birthday brother" a soft smile curls up onto the drowsy girl while her eyes are barely open.
however, that sentence confused the boy for a second.
"my.. birthday?" he frowns, now sitting properly and facing tsireya who's evidently trying to yawn the sleep out of her system.

"oh.. thank you reya"
ao'nung quietly expresses his gratitude but inevitably averts his gaze elsewhere while still in a state of bewilder.

it's clear to say that the constant worry of neteyam and the boy suffocating his mind has made him so occupied to the point where ao'nung had forgotten his own birthday.

"did you forget.. your own birthday?"
tsireya giggles, noticing the boy's puzzled eyes.
"whattt? no.. i would never"
both of them knew he wasn't fooling anyone with that lying attempt.

"where's mother and father anyway?" his eyes scan around the marui pod, ultimately changing the subject.
"didn't you hear?" she tilts her head, now somewhat aware of her surroundings from the sleepiness but ao'nung just shakes his head.

"you must've been heavy sleeping then." tsireya sighs, now getting up from her seating position.

"you're telling me you heard them while you were sleeping?" ao'nung scoffs in disbelief as his eyes follow tsireya around the pod.

"i didn't say that"
"then?"

tsireya silently exhales a shaky breath, unable to hold onto the urge to let tears roll down any longer while trying to remember the exact words her parents had told her.

at that moment, she turns back around and now eyeing down at the patient ao'nung.

"they're with.. uh they're with the sully's." she barely whispers, already feeling the tears spike from the recollection of what her parents had told her few moments before waking him up.

"wait why?"
a concentrated furrow rises from his brow bone, intensely watching tsireya's every expression.

an expression that screams sadness, ferocity and concern.
"what happened reya?"
his voice has now grown stern, removing himself from the comforts of the bed and now at eye level to tsireya between a distance.

"teyam.." she breaths out and as soon as she blinks, ao'nung is leaving from her peripheral.

as soon as the heir's ear flicks at the boy's name, worse case scenarios begin to pop up in mind.

what could've happened?
how did it happen?
did anyone see?
where was he?

despite all the unkept thoughts and heart thumping, he knows it's a race against time.
something in him just knows it.

with all the internal praying and mumbling coming from ao'nung, it feels like the sully's pod is way further than he had remembered.
every running step,
every heart skip,
every breath hitch.
ao'nung just needed to see neteyam.

as soon as the metkayina heir skids at the entrance of the marui pod, gasps of air become forced through the lungs.
the boy is now standing outside the sully's pod with his hand holding onto the wall for support.

at this point his eyes had blurred and the thumping of his heart beat had reached within his ears.
he's pushing through with just sheer adrenaline.

despite his vision being somewhat distorted, he was sure the sight of the sully's sitting around a visible unconscious boy is what's in front of him, right at this moment.

even the sight of a pale neteyam causes the feeling of shattering, stabbing and chucking of his fragile heart.

1180 wc

ANGST ANGST ANGST
ure welcome😋