𝟵 ~ 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲

pls spam like and comment on my tiktoks bbgs😙😭
@/ngatiqel

ever so slowly, ao'nung finally reaches the marui pod without any disturbances; apart from the running thoughts of when the adults'll be back.

he's actually been mumbling under his breath the whole journey back, slightly identical to what tonowari had started implementing without any realisation; it's the old age.

ao'nung places the boy down, not wanting to wake him.
he may be an asshole but he's got morals.
neteyam had now been placed under the covers as the view of the boy soaks into ao'nung's eyes, every silent movement,
the rising and dropping of the chest,
and the most captivating feature; neteyam's freckles that closely resemble constellations.

the metkayina loved the sight of starry nights;
darkness behind clutters of shining specks.

before his eyes deepens even more onto the resting boy, ao'nung's nose scrunch at the sudden zone out and immediately tearing his eyes away.

as soon as he absent himself from within the pod, a subtle waft emits from the clenched jaw without ao'nung realising he had held it in.
he didn't know why that breath was being detains from the throat but nonetheless, ao'nung must move on with his day.

well, there wasn't much to do apart from ogling at the dancing trees in the cool breeze. the dusk had then faded across the sky while moon rays strike through layers of leaves and shades.

suddenly, a melody softly hums through the boy's airway, lightly rocking himself side to side.
ao'nung hadn't noticed the presence of the youngest sully before she makes herself known, plopping down beside the metkayina.

"you have a great voice" a warm smile creeps its way across the girl's cheeks, grinning up at him.

ao'nung folds his ears as burning sensations arises in severe embarrassment.
"don't speak of this."
his eyes avert back onto the horizon, trying to cool down from the discomfiture as silence gently fall on the two.

"where'd you learn it? — the song you were humming?" she asks, perking her ears high and tail sways in curiosity.

"it's a song my mother used to sing to me.."
an inch of his lips curl up, gazing onto the sandy grounds before sighing in frustration.
"this is embarrassing. i'm serious, do not speak of this to anyone."
"not even teyam?"
"no, not even teyam."

tuk slants her head for a second before her eyes glisten.
"bet he'll enjoy it though.. my mother would sing similar omaticaya melodies to him when we were younger. he was the one only who really enjoyed." tuk shrugs with eyes shut as she pushes herself up from the marui front.

"anyways.. i'll leave you alone, i just wanted to bother you until i heard you singing."
"i was not singing..!"
ao'nung yells out as tuk walks off without batting an eye at the boy.

a huff releases itself between his lips and his hand proceeds to try and rub the frustration out of the area between the eyes, putting all his body weight onto the palm.

ao'nung's ears then perk up, alerted by all the sudden chattering and clinking.
his eyes avert up to the sounds and the adults have returned.
no injuries whatsoever.
what happened?
did they find something?

tonowari calmly walks towards his son who's busy looking at the others walking by that area.
"there wasn't much. jake was right, their boat engine got caught on nets and took refugee on our lands."
the chief sighs, placing down the things alongside others mid sentence.

"but we couldn't find anyone else. it was just that one na'vi that neteyam had killed; somehow."

ao'nung blinks into a nod at his father's words.
"what happened to the boat then? it's just been left there?"
"jake believes it's best to leave it. just in case others are looking for the specific boat and there's a chance a tracker is on that boat."
tonowari explains once more before ao'nung had complete grasp on the situation.