Jasper, get the Host out of the basement/j

(Jasper, this is a threat 🔫 /j)

CW: death

(Third Person PoV)

400 —> 0 LPS

Carly screamed as she fell backwards through the shattered glass window.

In a split second, she remembered what Misty told her when they met at the party.

"I also do fortune telling. I read people's faces," she said and looked closely at Carly and took her glasses off to study her face more.

"Ummm?" Carly was confused.

"I see death," Misty said, ominously.

At the time, Carly didn't think much of it. She thought that Misty was a little odd but still didn't think much of it.

"No...way...," Carly whispered as she continued to fall.

Her life flashed before her eyes as she was close to hitting the ground. But there was one man who kept appearing in her mind.

Jack...Jack...Jack!

Carly let out a final scream before...

BOOM!

A large crater appeared underneath Carly and she lay still, her eyes blank and drained of life.

A card fluttered down to her chest and one by one, her whole deck came falling down onto the crater.

Up above, Divine looked at the crater where he knew that Carly was dead.

"What a pathetic girl," he said to himself.

He has to clean up around this place so it would seem like an accident. After all, the Public Maintenance Department wouldn't be able to touch him.

After all, he knew Goodwin's secret.

Hah...to think that the man who lied about creating Satellite was actually trapped in there for its creation. Goodwin is from Satellite. I wonder if she read through that, Divine thought.

"Too late now. She's dead," he then threw his head back and laughed.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Satellite where they were resting for the night, Joel opened his eyes and sat up.

What's this feeling? He thought.

He then got up and walked to the kitchen where Yusei was already sitting at.

"Yusei?" Joel asked as he approached him.

"Hey...," Yusei waved at him.

"What are you doing here?" Joel asked and sat across from him.

"Didn't feel like sleeping," Yusei replied. "You?"

Joel looked down at the scratched table.

".....I feel like something bad has happened," he admitted.

"Something bad?" Yusei asked.

Back at the crater, Carly's cards seemed to have smoke coming out of them and the Fortune Fairies were suddenly replaced by another type of monster.