Ah sh*t. Plot stuff

(3rd Person PoV)

There was this fancy limo that was driving all the way to this fancy mansion.

Yusei, Aki, Jack, Rua, Ruka and Mikage all stepped out.

"Wh-whoa! That's a big house!" Rua exclaimed. It was bigger than his and Ruka's house. And that's saying something because they have a pretty big house.

Then the doors of the mansion opened and a man walked out.

He stopped in front of them and looked at them like he was studying them.

He then bowed his head.

"Signers. It's a honor to see you all together," he said.

Jack wasn't impressed by this and thought of him as shady.

Aki then lean over to Yusei and whispered, "Are you sure that this is a good idea? He used your friends as hostages in order for you to compete in the Fortune Cup."

"True, I don't trust him but at the moment, he's the only one who can explain to us more of the Dark Signers," Yusei whispered to her.

Aki sighed at this. As much as she hate to admit it, Yusei was right. Goodwin was the only one who can explain to them more about the Signers and Dark Signers.

"So...what do you want with us?" Rua asked.

Goodwin then looked at him.

"I do not recall needing you," he told him.

Oh right. I'm not a Signer like them, Rua thought.

Then the back of the limo opened up and out tumbled the Double Lifers.

"Ack! My back! This was a terrible idea!" Grian shouted.

"You had the most room and you know it! You are small!" Joel snapped.

"Guys, we're embarrassing ourselves," Etho said.

They all stood up.

"What are you doing here?" Jack demanded.

The Double Lifers looked at each other.

And then Joel spoke up, "We also want to know about what's going to happen in Satellite and the Dark Signers. We saw those Earthbound Immortals, we saw what happened. We want answers as much as the Signers do."

Goodwin first looked at Rua and then the Double Lifers.

"There's no need for either of you," he told them.

Joel made a fist.

"That's unfair," he said and made a movement towards Goodwin before his cards from his pocket spilled out.

Crap! He thought and hurriedly bend down to pick up his cards.

Yusei and Etho helped him out.

But then, Goodwin bend down and picked up one specific card.

This is...impossible. I thought those specific cards were lost years ago. I personally made sure of it, he thought before looking at Joel and then the rest of the Double Lifers.

Interesting, Goodwin then tossed the card over to Joel.

He held it protectively over his chest.