The Rose and the Star

(3rd Person PoV)

"I activate my trap card, Defense Draw! During your turn and at damage calculation, I can make the battle damage that I would have taken to 0. And then I get to draw a card!" Yusei shouted.

A barrier appeared and protected Hideo.

He managed to protect his life points and both of them...but not for long.

"Well then, I activate a spell card from my hand, Wonder Clover! By sending a level 4 plant type monster from my hand to my graveyard, I can select a face up monster that I control and that monster can attack twice! Attack, Black Rose and crush Papa this time!" Aki shouted.

"Uh oh," Grian muttered.

"Oi Yusei! You better have a plan to not lose this turn!" Joel shouted, despite feeling physically weak.

Jack silently agreed with Joel. Yusei better have a plan to not lose. If there was one person that should defeat Yusei, it would have to be him!

"You're right, Joel! I activate another trap, Iron Resolve! By paying up half my life points, I can make battle damage be 0 and end Battle phase," Yusei shouted and a card flipped up on his field.

700 —> 350 LPS

"..." Aki was silent for a moment before making a fist.

"I then activate my Continuous Trap, Doom Petal Countdown! During my end turn, I can banish a plant type from my graveyard to inflict 300 points of damage to you," she said.

A whirlwind of rose petals appeared and ferociously spread around the room with the wind being too strong to bare.

Yusei covered his face as he felt pain from the petals.

350 —> 50 LPS

He then looked to see the clothes ripping from Hideo but he didn't move out of the way.

"I end my turn," Aki said but there was something very wrong.

Usually Aki's powers are limited to the end of her turn but the petals are still here.

Could it be...that she can't control them right now? Yusei thought and took a closer look at her.

She was just as confused as he was.

I need to end this duel and quickly before anyone else gets hurt, Yusei thought and drew a card.

!

Yes!

"I activate the Equip Spell, Silver Wing! Up to twice per turn, if my level 8 Synchro dragon would get destroyed in battle, it doesn't due to this!" Yusei shouted and equipped Stardust with the spell card.

Stardust Dragon's wings glowed and sparkled more.

"And then I activate another spell card, Release Restraint Wave! By destroying an equip spell that I control, any trap and set spells that you control also get destroyed which means...," Yusei waited for someone to finish his sentence.

"Thorn of Malice also gets destroyed?!" Aki said, shocked.

"That means Stardust and Black Rose's attack points go back to normal!" Rua exclaimed.