San, Ni, Ichi...Hajimeru

(I tried making it sound cool. Don't look at me like that)

CW: some reference to cheating (kinda, it's very brief though)

(3rd Person PoV)

As the Signers were facing the Dark Signers, one of them held up a card.

It was the buff one wearing the cloak with yellow lines.

"Little girl," he started and Ruka immediately recognized that the card that he was holding was Ancient Fairy Dragon.

"This is supposed to be your Signer Dragon. If you wish to get it, then you must fight me. I will not run nor hide. I am Dimark, the one with the Monkey mark," he explained as he rolled up his sleeve to show the glowing mark.

Ruka felt scared but she can't show fear in front of the Dark Signers. She has a mission and she has to complete it.

To save Ancient Fairy Dragon!

Misty and Aki were glaring at each other while Yusei was eying Kiryu.

Looks like almost everyone knows who they are fighting against, Etho thought before glancing at Jack.

There were two remaining Dark Signers. One was Rudger while the other had their face hidden.

So who will he fight? Etho wondered.

"It is our destiny to face off against our fated opponent! I will be waiting though until the time is right," Rudger explained and gave the Dark Signers a nod.

They all turned to leave but then Jack took a closer look to the last Dark Signer and thought that he saw someone familiar.

It...can't be! He thought.

"Now hold on!" Yusei shouted and raced after them, followed by Jack and Aki.

The black fog was getting thicker and most of the Dark Signers had disappeared.

"Where are you, Dark Signers? Fight me now! Damn it!" Yusei yelled, frustrated.

"Don't hurry destiny. The stage of our battles has already been set," Rudger's voice could be heard as Aki raced to Yusei's side and touched his shoulder to comfort him.

Meanwhile, Jack had caught up to the last Dark Signer who tried to race off but Jack caught their hoodie and pulled it back to reveal...

"Carly?" He asked. His suspicions were true.

She turned to face him, unsure of what he'll do as she whispered, "Jack."

"What are you doing here and why are you a Dark Signer?" Jack asked, worried.

"If you wish to know, then come and face me. Jack, my love," Carly replied and lifted her hood back as she turned away and ran off.

Jack stood there in disbelief.

How?

(Small time skip back to the house)

The three kids were crying in front of a man who was dressed as a doctor. His name was Dr.Schmidt.

"I-I'm sorry! It's my fault! Martha is gone because of me," Takuya cried.

"Gone?" Dr.Schmidt was in shocked.