- Chapter 35 -

Desirae

I'm so hungover, I regret it so, so bad. I have a banging headache, I plan to take tablets and try carry on with the day. I may be not 100% but I am so ready to get married. I had to get physically dragged out of my bed this morning by Celia, then we both dragged Lila out of hers. She was pissed, but so was I.

"Bitch, wake up. Fucking hell, we need to go soon." I complain, packing all our stuff up. Celia shakes her head and pushes me out the way, "Go fucking eat, you need to relax." I smile at her and hugs her, "Don't start crying on me now." She laughs and holds me for a moment.

"Now go!"

Not gonna lie to you the beds here are so comfy, I get why Lila won't wake up. Except we have to, there's a taxi coming to get us in literally under and hours time are none of us are dressed. I wanted to wear something nice too, since the photographer will already be there when we arrive.

I want bacon so bad but there's none here. We have bread, just a lot of bread. Toast it is, I guess. Look at it this way, I'm going to eat too much tonight anyways. No need to eat anything heavy now.

"I'm making toast? Want any." I call out to them, I hear Lila groan. She wants some.

It's so fucking early, the actual ceremony isn't till 4. It's now 9. It takes around 30 minutes to get from here to the venue. I'm going to be tired and hungover, fun.

I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't excited to finally walk down the aisle for him. I've waited for this since I was 18. I would have never thought I would be able to say that I could do it.

Honestly if you told my 20 year old self this is where we'd be she'd call me a dick. Mainly because I was so pissed at him I couldn't see past it. Now it see it was pointless to be annoyed for so long.

I love him, I would have still loved him if he never came back. It's the reality that I live in I guess.

---------

"Need help, there?" Lila laughs, I'm struggling with my dress. I was confident I could do this on my own. I don't know why I didn't learn at the shop. I roll my eyes in defeat and let go of the buttons. "Please."

"You're so stubborn, we're going to be late!" Celia shouts, please I know. It's not like we're behind the schedule or anything, I just wanted to be on time. "Lila is helping me."

"Thank fuck, I love you Lila." Lila smiles at me in the mirror before responding to her. Honestly as I see it all come together I'm just getting more anxious. "Help me, she's stressing again."

"I'm fine." She shakes her and head Celia walks in the room, "Calm down, bitch. You can't be stressing now." Celia puts her arm around my shoulders, Lila gives her a look. Mainly because she's blocking her from fastening the dress. "It'll be fine, don't worry."

"Has anyone heard from him? I haven't heard anything." I tell them, I've been checking my phone constantly. That's the anxiety, but what if he bails? And he said something before and I didn't realise. "Babe, stop. You're going to kill yourself off. Please, stop looking at your phone." Celia sighs, looking over in the direction I was. "If it means something, I'll ask his mom. Okay?"

"Okay." I respond, I'm trying to not sound defeated because I feel like that. I shouldn't but I do. She smiles at me again, pulling me close before leaving. "Today is going to be perfect, I promise."

I want to believe her, so bad.

"You okay?" Lydia's here now, she looks sympathetic when she smiles at me. "I'm fine, has he talked to you?"

"Desirae, calm down. He's here, he hasn't got cold feet." I'd say in relieved but that doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now. "Okay, okay." I sigh, patting my dress down. It truly is stunning. I'm so glad I picked this one.