- Chapter 38 -

Jax

I have a game today, I know shocking. Honestly I'm not sure how I got 4 days off, without even travelling. Sure I had training and all that shit, it's still relaxing though.

"Are you coming today?"

"I think I will, I just have to finish my project first." Desi has been working her ass off these past 2 days, I do feel really bad for her. The higher ups at her job are adamant on making the people who get paid less work more. In this case it's Desirae.

"It's going to be a fun game." I slouch back in our couch. "I'm player Carter's team." She turns around immediately at that, last time she saw him was during that specific interaction I do actually refuse to bring up.

I'd like to beat the living shit out of him today though, that would be fun.

"Don't go around checking him." Ruining the fun, no?

"I'll only do it if he does." I did make sure that we had both posted pictures of the wedding on our Instagrams yesterday. Carter is a little freak and literally stalks her page.

"That's not an excuse." It definitely is.

"Whatever you say." I'm definitely still fighting with him, I don't care whether I have to start it or not he's had it coming for him for a long time.

She smiles to herself for a moment, what the hell? "What?"

"The idea of you fighting him is funny. You'd actually beat the shit out of him." That doesn't help me in the whole 'not fighting him' thing.

"That's not helping me not want to fight him y'know." She shrugs her shoulders at me and goes straight back to her work.

Does she want me to do it or not? She's really confusing.

"I need to get my stuff ready. See you later." I walk over to her desk and plant a small kiss on her forehead. "That's it?"

"What do you mean, that's it?"

"You're just going to kiss me on the forehead, Gosh." Please, help me.

"Why do you want me to kiss you, properly."

"Obviously?" Fuck me.

So I do, at first I'm kissing her softly. Honestly I don't know what she wants so I'm just going with it. I literally kiss her all the time.

Then she starts running her fingers through my hair, she's literally going to kill me off right here, right now.

I start kissing her more passionately, "Baby, I love you but I really have to go." I tell her, she's disappointed. I'll make it up to her later.

——————
Walking out to the rink when they call your name literally never gets old. It's not the same as walking out for the warm-ups. They applause is so exciting, it really makes me more excited to play.

Not like I get that much ice time anyway.

I'm lucky to be where I am for my age, I play in the NHL at 22. I really cant complain.

As the national anthem starts I gaze off to the other team, trying to point out to myself what jersey number Carter has so I can point him out to myself later.

Note to self, 45 is also an ass.

Clearly him and the asshole are best friends. I can tell this by just looking at them, they make it insanely obvious. They were warming up together, they look like they are on a line together too.

I really hope that I play the same shift.

"Who you scoping out?"

"Number 24 and 45." I'm not kidding, if he even says a word to me. Shit's going to happen, you can hold me to that.