- Chapter 36 -

Jax

I'm married. To Desi.

That is something I never thought I'd say, I never thought she'd be my girlfriend again. Never-mind my actual wife.

Can I just mention how perfect she is. I love her, when we walked out she was apologising over and over for rambling. She's cute.

"I am sorry, for rambling." She says again, I roll my eyes at her and hold her close, "shut up."

"Don't tell me to shut up." She pushes me lightly. It doesn't do anything, I haven't let go of her. "I can't believe I just married you." I tell her, resting my chin on her head.

"Mrs. Hardy." I smile to myself, she relaxes almost instantly. "Sounds a lot better." She whispers, almost so quietly I didn't hear her.

"It does." I let her walk back a little, I just want to look at her. Not like I haven't been since she was walking towards me. "I love you." She tells me, we don't have long now. We'll probably have to go talk to people soon. All I want to do right now is be with her. "I love you too, darling."

"That's new." She smiles. I'm never going to shut up about this, she's too perfect. I really, really don't deserve her. "Full of surprises."

"Maybe." She rest against my side, I move my arm to wrap around her waist. "I should get changed." What a way to ruin the moment, I'm kidding. If she wants to change I wont stop her.

"I may need help, do you mind?" She asks before she closes the door. "Yeah, I'll help you." She grabs my hand and walks us into the room.

I'm so fucking happy.

------------

"I'm going to talk to Jordan and Chloe. Wanna come with?" I really, really don't. I have issues with them, obviously. I know things Desirae doesn't, yes, I know stuff about her family that she doesn't. It's fucked I know, I want to tell her. I just don't want to make her relationship with them worse.

I don't think that makes it sound better.

I hesitate, Jordan knows I know what I know. He's told me not to tell her, he cares about her. She cares about him, he's pretty much the only family she has. I really don't want to take that away from her. "Okay."

It's getting late now, we've eaten. Everyone has drank, apart from me. I've wanted to, but Desi wouldn't be very appreciative of that.

"Hey, Jordan." She smiles at him as he turns around, I think he's here alone. No other family, I didn't really look out for her family on the guest list.

He's seen her already today, he's still happy to see her. She looks so happy here, that makes me happy. "Little sister." He smiles back at her, pulling her into a tight hug. He glances at my for a moment, then looks down at her again.

"We have to catch up, somewhere else. Before you go home." Please do.

"Absolutely." He says to her, she starts to walk away. She gestures for me to follow her, I want to but he's still looking at me. What now.

"One second, Desi." I tell her, letting her walk away. "I want to thank you, not yell at you." Shocking, am I shocked. Maybe, I might just be half-asleep. "Really?"

"Don't drag this out." He rolls his eyes, that lasted. Didn't it. "Why? What have I done."

"Two things. You haven't told her, or well I'm presuming so anyways. She seems normal." 

Now I'm rolling my eyes, "Why would I tell her? I shouldn't even know." I want to tell her, so badly. If they don't soon, I will. "Second, she's happy. I haven't seen her like that for a while, you do that." Notice how he ignored my question, they all do. I'm not surprised.

"I want her to be happy." He says, he's glaring at me. Fucking hell, what have I done for him to be glaring at me like that. Let's put it this way, I'm taller then him. I'm not looking down at him, he isn't intimidating at all, but he's important to Desi. So I have to respect him by default, which kills me.

"What's with the look?" I ask him, raising my eyebrow slightly. "Look after her, please."

"Of course I will." I sigh, relaxing my shoulders a little. "It may not seem like it, but we all want the best for her." Fucking liar.

"Okay." I tell him. I want to be with Desi right now.

I leave him and try to find her, there may not be a lot of people here but she is hard to find right now. "Jax." Who's stopping me now.

"Desirae's in her room, I don't think she's coming out." How did you know I was looking for her, I what I should have said. "Why? Who upset her?" I ask Chloe demandingly.

"No one! She's just drank too much, if you get me." I do.

"Oh, okay." A lot of people have left or are leaving now anyways, I doubt anyone would noticed if we left. I'll message the guests tonight. "Thank you, Chloe." She smiles at me.

"Are you going back to the room?" She nods slightly, which fills me with relief. "I just want to say bye to my mom." I wont see her for a while after this, I doubt she'll be travelling up here much now. She's been talking about moving to a warmer country, for a while.

"Take your time, I'll go now." I wont, but I appreciate the offer. Suddenly I like Chloe a whole lot more.

------------

I spent 5 minutes with my mom, thats it. I want to know Desirae's okay.

We need to go to the hotel, we don't actually have a bedroom here. If she's too ill I don't want to move her.

"Desi?" I call out, if she's asleep this will be pointless. "She's asleep." Chloe looks exhausted, I probably do to. "Thank you." I tell her, "You should get going, go get some sleep." She looks relieved, honestly I am too. I'm surprised she stayed.

I let her walk out before walking towards the room Desi is in. She's out, she isn't waking up anytime soon. I definitely aren't waking her up.

We probably shouldn't stay here, but she's comfortable.

"Jax?" Shit.

"Sorry, love. Go back to sleep." I tell her, sitting next to her on the couch. Running my fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry."

"Don't start apologising now." I whisper to her, she's crying. What the hell?

"Desi, don't cry. Please." I pull her closer to me and wrap my arms around her, "I can't help it."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her, letting her lean against me. She hesitates then shakes her head. "Do you need time?" She nods and rests her head on my shoulder.

"Okay."

Let me put it simply, tonight wasn't a 'traditional' wedding night. But I'm alright with that, I have everything I've ever wanted. I have her.

She may not be fully happy right now, but I know she was happy earlier. That's what matters, I do really want to know whats happened. I doubt she left just because she drank too much. Someone had said something to her.

"You're thinking a lot." She says, taking my by surprise. I wasn't expecting her to speak. "Sorry." I laugh slightly.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You."

"Cheesy." She's smiling, really big. I wish I could take a picture of this, she looks so pretty right now.

"Only for you." Everything is for her, sorry that's really cheesy. I'll stop.

-----------

I lied, I lied!!

I'm going to 40 chapters, I need an even number so badly. I may have a few filler chapters, like the next one. I want the family secret to creep in slowly but I can't do that in 3/4 chapters. Give me some time! I swear they will be happy.

(Also if you want to see Desirae's dress I will show it at the end of the book)

-Cami :)