AU - Beckett's Drinking Hurts Maya

5 alarms were something firefighters were prepared for. They knew how to handle them. It was something they were trained to do.

However, firefighters were not trained to fighter 5 alarms with commands from a drunk captain.

Everyone knew Beckett had a drinking problem. The only thing keeping Beckett in captaincy was that they had no official proof of it.

One day, 19 along with many other departments were called to a 5-alarm fire in a hotel.

"Where do you want us, Captain?" Andy asked as the team gathered around Beckett. "Uh, what?" Beckett asked, slurring.

"Where do you want us to go?" Andy repeated, brown furrowing. "Oh, right. Um, Ruiz, Montgomery, go take the bottom floor, do damage control. Herrera and Sullivan, get on the ladders.....uh, Bishop and Hughes, middle floors, and Warren triage." Beckett said slowly.

The team snapped in action, all running to their places. Maya and Vic ran upstairs, their flashlights pointed.

"Seattle Fire Department, call out!" Maya shouted, visibility poor as the two searched for civilians.

"Help!" A voice called. The two firefighters quickly moved towards the sound, spotting a women and a little boy huddled in a corner.

"Hey, guys. Let's get you out of here." Maya smiled and she helped the two up. "My daughter. She's still here somewhere. Please find her." The woman said, tears streaming down her face.

Maya looked at Vic. "You take them down, I'll find the kid." She said with a nod. "Be quick. This things coming down soon, we'll radio you when we see it." Vic answered, ushering the two civilians out.

"Hello? Call out if you need help!" Maya yelled as she trudged through the building, sweat dripping down her face. Her oxygen was running low, but there was no way in hell she was leaving the building without the girl.

"Hello?" A small, timid voice called out. Maya whipped her head around, facing the sound. "Keep talking, I'm coming!" Maya exclaimed.

"Help!" The voice cried. Maya sighed in relief as she spotted the little girl. The kid coughed as Maya approached her.

"Hi, my name is Maya, I'm a firefighter. Let's get you out of here." Maya said, holding out her hand. The girl took it and they began quickly talking down the stairs. However, before they got anywhere, Maya heard a cracking sound and looked down.

The last thing she did was put the kid on what seemed to be stable ground before the floor beneath her gave out and everything went black.

•••

Vic emerged from the building, a woman and little boy in tow and brought them to Warren to check for smoke inhalation.

"Where's Bishop?" Andy asked as her and Sullivan joined Travis, Theo, Vic, and Beckett. The building was too unstable to be worked on, and the fire was pretty much out so they backed away.

"She's still in there, trying to find another kid." Vic replied, looking to the building. "Call her out, Beckett. This thing is coming down." Sullivan said.

"Nah, she's good. She's an Olympian, you know. She'll get out." Beckett said with a smirk, swaying on his feet.

"Beckett, you're drunk so maybe you can't tell, but that building is coming down so you need to call her out right this damn minute!" Andy said, scared for her friend.

"Woahhh, now you think you can tell me what to do, huh Herrera? Well, you can't because-" Beckett started.

Then the building came down.