Firehouse Baby

"Ready, Bella?" Carina asked with a smile as she and Maya walked through the doors of the Station.

"Liam, this is where I work. You're about to meet some of my best friends, isn't that exciting?" Maya asked, holding the baby close to her chest. Liam kicked his little feet in response and squealed happily.

Carina's heart swooned at her wife interacting with their son. It truly warmed her heart to see Maya as a mother. For her, there was nothing more attractive than seeing her significant other become a parent.

Carina opened the door to the beanery for the two of them, and an outpouring of cheers rang from her teammates.

Vic was the first to come over to them, cooing at the little baby in Maya's arms. "Can I hold him? Please?" Vic pleaded.

"Sure, just sanitize your hands first." The blonde firefighter replied. Carina grabbed the hand sanitizer and squirted some into Vic's hand. Vic very carefully took the baby from Maya, and melted.

"Hi, Liam. You're the first firehouse baby. Isn't that so exciting? I'm Auntie Vic. We're gonna be best friends, you and me." Vic cooed in a baby voice.

Carina wrapped her arm around Maya's waist, pulling her close as the couple watched their closest friends meet their son.

"Who would've thought Bishop would be the first with a kid?" Jack said with a grin. "Yeah, 'monogamy is for the weak', my ass." Andy smirked.

After being passed around to person to person, Liam was starting to get fussy. "Come here, buddy." Maya said, gently taking her son from his latest carrier, Theo.

Liam immediately stopping fussing, recognizing the calming effect of his mom. The baby nuzzled his head into her chest, Maya pressing a kiss to his head.

"You're a natural, Maya." Andy said with a soft smile. She was so proud of her best friend. From being someone who only cared about climbing the ranks to becoming someone who loved and loved hard, Maya truly changed for the better, and Andy was so happy for her.

Maya just blushed and looked down at her son. There was a point in time where she didn't know if she would have a wife anymore, or a baby for that matter.

She was proud of herself.

And with the support she had, she knew she'd be okay.

With her team, her wife, and her baby boy.