Maya Brings A Safe Haven To The Hospital

Maya's brow furrowed in confusion as she stepped into the main entrance of the Station and saw a small box laying on the floor, blankets all inside of it.

Looking around, she saw nobody around, and approached the box, only to freeze in place when she saw a tiny, wriggly baby in there.

Instinctively, Maya carefully picked up the baby and held it close to her chest. "Warren!" Maya called out, walking into the barn.

"What do you- oh!" Warren began, stopping as he saw the baby.

"Safe haven." Maya explained. "Okay, um, come here and sit down. I'll take a look at it before we take it to Grey Sloan." Ben said, grabbing a medical kit.

Maya sat down on a chair as Ben approached her. "It's a boy." She said. "Hey, little man." The male firefighter cooed as he put a stethoscope to his chest and began running tests.

A few minutes later, Ben pulled away from the baby. "He seems okay. His temperature is cool, though. Skin to skin might help get it up quicker." Ben said.

Maya looked at him like he was crazy, but Ben shrugged. "It's a fact, Bishop. You don't have to." Ben replied.

Maya sighed. "Take him for a sec." She said. Ben smirked at Maya giving in and carefully took the newborn from her arms.

Maya unbuttoned her work uniform and then peeled off the tank top she had under, leaving her in just a bra and her pants and boots.

Maya took the baby back from Ben and gently bobbed up and down with him. "Ready to go?" Ben asked. Maya nodded and walked to the aid car.

•••

When Carina got paged to the ER, she was expecting just another laboring mama.

What she wasn't expecting, was her wife, shirtless and holding a baby.

"Maya-what...who's baby is this?" Carina asked as Maya and Ben approached her.

"Safe haven." Ben answered. "Okay, come sit down and I'll take a look at the bambino. Why is your shirt off?" Carina asked, putting a hand on Maya's lower back, guiding her to an empty ty gurney.

The stares Maya got didn't surprise her. She was walking through the hospital shirtless with a baby, after all.

"His core temperature was a little low at the station, and I thought skin to skin would help." Ben explained.

Carina opened her mouth to say something when she was cut off by a loud neurosurgeon.

"Damn, Carina, I knew your wife was a firefighter, but you didn't tell me she was jacked!" Amelia exclaimed, eyeing the blonde up and down, referring to her very toned abs.

Maya blushed, and just looked down at the baby. She had to admit, he was a very cute newborn, and he was actually very content in her arms.

"Hey, quit eyeing my wife like she's a piece of pie." Carina said, knowing Amelia was just absently flirting.

"Piece of meat." Maya said, correcting her with a smile. Carina rolled her eyes and diverted her attention to the baby.

"Whatever. Let me take this bambino and give him a check up." Carina said. Amelia and Ben left the room, leaving the two wives alone with the baby.

"Ben is right. He seems a little small, but his SATS are all good. You should keep doing skin to skin, though, and I will let the nurse to call social services." Carina suggested, putting the baby back into Maya's arms.

Carina stepped out of the room to let the nurse know what was going on, and Amelia approached her once again.

"She's hot.  Like, seriously hot. You did really good. Is she good in bed?" Amelia asked, teasing her friend.

"Amelia." Carina rolled her eyes. "What? Valid question." Amelia shrugged.

Carina sighed. "I want to have a baby with her so bad." She admitted.

"You should. You'd be good moms." Amelia replied with a smile. "She's scared. She does not think she'll be a good mama. But right now, looking at her with that bambino, I know she'll be a good mama and I want it so bad." The italian explained.

"Tell her that. Make her believe it." Amelia said simply, patting her friend on the shoulder before leaving.

•••

Carina stepped back into the room with Maya and smiled at the sight. Maya was sitting up on the gurney, eyes closed, with the baby nuzzled into her chest.

"Bambina." Carina whispered, stroking Maya's cheek lightly. Maya opened her eyes quickly and looked at her wife.

"Maybe having kids wouldn't be a bad idea." Maya said with a sleepy smile. Carina smiled back and kissed her wife gently.

"I was just thinking the same thing." The italian said.