What If Maya Was Assaulted Instead Of Andy

Maya let out a disappointed sigh as she read Carina's text from the bar. The OB was pulled into an emergency C-section, and she wasn't able to meet her for their date night tonight.

Slinging her pocketbook over her shoulder, she slapped a few dollars onto the counter and made her way to the exit.

Maya went straight to the bar from work, so she didn't have a car. Thankfully, the apartment wasn't too far from there.

As Maya began walking, she started feeling uneasy. It was dark, almost 9pm. Looking over her shoulder, her eyes widened seeing a dark, tall figure walking a short distance away.

Maya grabbed her phone quickly and began dialing 911, but she wasn't quick enough when the person behind her grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her to the ground. Maya gasped in pain as her shoulder took the brunt of the impact.

"What do you think you're doing?" A man asked with an evil smirk on his face, stepping on Maya's phone and hearing a crunch under it.

"Please, I don't want any trouble." Maya stammered, heart racing as she scrambled to her feet and turned to run.

The man, however, saw one step ahead of her and grabbed her once again, wrapping his arm around her neck and putting her in a chokehold.

The attacker pushed her behind an alley up against a wall roughly, but Maya wasn't going down that easy. The firefighter shoved him back, tripping as she tried to run away once more.

"Bitch!" The man exclaimed, straddling her on the ground. Maya's arms flailed, trying to hit anything and everything she possibly could on the man.

The man managed to land a few punches to her abdomen and face, but Maya kneed him in the groin, and that was enough for her to shove him off once again and get to her feet.

Maya ran. Ran faster than she did in the Olympics  She just ran, adrenaline pumping through her veins. She couldn't even feel the sharp pain in her shoulder or the bruises she already knew were forming.

Maya found herself approaching the parking lot of the Station, and slowed her sprint to a stumbling walk.

"Maya?" She heard a familiar voice call out. Maya's head snapped to the sound, and made out the blurry vision of a concerned looking Ben and Andy.

The two approached her, and Maya backed away. Consciously, she knew that Ben and Andy were her friends and that they wouldn't hurt her, but her flight instinct was telling her otherwise.

"Hey, Maya, it's okay. It's just us, Andy and Ben. Are you okay?" Andy asked gently, her heart dropping at the bruises and Maya's shaking body.

"I don't...I need to....I need to shower." Maya stammered. Dirty. That's all she felt. She felt that man's hands on her and all she wanted to do was wash it all away.

"We need to check you out first, Maya. What happened?" Andy asked, putting a tentative hand on the back of Maya's back and slowly guiding her into the barn.

"I-I was walking home and I don't....some guy came and pushed me and....and I ran and I don't...." Maya explained the best she could, allowing Andy to sit her down.

"She's in shock," She heard Andy murmur to Ben, "I think we need to get you to a hospital, Maya. Your shoulder looks dislocated and it looks like you head your head a few times."

"No. No hospital. Please. I don't-please. No hospital. I'm fine." Maya said quickly, eyes growing wide in fear.

"Okay, okay. We won't go to the hospital, but is it okay if Ben checks you out?" The Latina replied calmly.